Board index Equipment Scanners Want to buy a GOOEpson Scanner for less than$200 , possible?

Scanners

Want to buy a GOOEpson Scanner for less than$200 , possible?

jenm1023

Want to buy a GOOEpson Scanner for less than$200 , possible?

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:36 pm

I will mostly use it for scanning negatives from b&w medium format negatives and prints. Any suggestions on which one to get?

thank you!

Jen

r_sanders

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:05 pm

Hi Jen,

While not top of the line, the Epson 3170 is quite capable. I've just got one myself and finally able to scan my med. formats as well. If you go to the Epson store ( just google it, I am horrible with links lol)) they are selling refurbished ones for $64 USD. - My bad, I just checked and they are out of stock right now. But keep an eye out, with the software in professional mode you have alot of adjustments avalible to you. Hope this helps.

Rich

qtao

Canoscan8400F

Post Sun May 14, 2006 5:31 pm

as you don't need top quality of scanning, I suggest Canon Canoscan8400F is a reasonable choice for scanning both 35mm and 120 B&W, color slide and negative film. It is a flatbed scanner. I ought this scanner in Microcenter 149USD. In B&H, I see the price tag is 134 USD.

Board index Equipment Scanners Want to buy a GOOEpson Scanner for less than$200 , possible?