Board index PBase PaD Discussion Anyone care to do the "honour a pbaser" again???

PaD Discussion

Anyone care to do the "honour a pbaser" again???

discuss photo-a-day projects
wakenphotography

Anyone care to do the "honour a pbaser" again???

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:21 am

I remember a while back we did a thread that honoured one of our pbase inspirations. The "challenge" was to shoot in their style.

I've been thinking about that thread and how nice it was to see how people here truly connected and admired eachother. Also, how many people learned so much from our community.

Anyone interest in doing that again, say... until next Wednesday?

Linda

perkins123

Post Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:18 am

I loved that one. I think it's a good idea.

gpaai

Post Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:33 pm

Wow! I need to check the forums more often. I don't recall seeing that thread... :?
I love photoshopography.......

bobfloyd

Post Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:46 pm

gpaai wrote:Wow! I need to check the forums more often. I don't recall seeing that thread... :?

It was one of Lee and Bev's Thursday Challenges a while back, if I am not mistaken.

clickaway

Post Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:55 pm

Yes, here it is. I will decide on Wednesday if I give it another go or not!

http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=27611

wakenphotography

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:40 pm

A lot of mixed reviews on this one. I was saddened to see many people write to me telling me there's an over abundance of egos on pbase and we don't need to feed them more. I truly think it's unfair to say such things. I would say some of them might have jealousy issues. I've never been "popular" (unless you count my curves gallery ;) ) That's not what I care about...I care about having galleries people can visit to view images that interest them. That's about it!

I also care about the supportive people who consistantly take the time to share information/trade secrets even technique steps with others that are admiring/commenting on your photos. And lets not forget the exceptional Padders that share stories with us. I'm addicted to reading!!!

I, for one, learn a great deal of processes from people here, and the thread made me see and explore other photographers that I had not found before. I love that about pbase.

So, with that said, I'm going to be the first to post some images I've done while being inspired by other photographers. If no one joins me, then atleast I will have shared with everyone some of my inspirations on pbase!!!!

I'll be doing this hopefully once a day... until I'm done with my great inspirations!
Last edited by wakenphotography on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wakenphotography

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:00 pm

First up on my list, Tomasz Dziubinski

This is an example of Tomasz's gorgeous flowers.
He really catches their beauty and presents them simply - and elegantly.

Now, always keeping Tomasz's presentation in back of my mind when shooting single flowers,
I composed and processed this Peony the way I thought Tomasz would.
As you can see from Tomasz's comment, he liked it! YIPPEEEEEE!

As mentioned in my previous post, if anyone would like to honour someone, please feel free to do so in this thread!

More from me tomorrow.....

wakenphotography

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:12 pm

Next up is the beautiful Infrared gallery by: Gordon Eyre

After viewing his amazing images, I decided to read more about Infrareds and was so deeply
interested in the effect that I bought the filter and worked hard at learning
how to use it. Here is a link to his gallery....

and here is one of my own IR's.....

adalberto_tiburzi

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:50 pm

Linda
I have demonstrated some years ago I have no problems to feed the ego of the others.

http://www.pbase.com/adalberto_tiburzi/dear_pbasers

But I think I haven't any merit.
It's probably because my ego is enough well fed by its own...
Good initiative, you should insist.
8) Adal

greybeard_images

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:10 am

I'd like to honour two photographers if I may.
Some would call them brothers in arms.
I would call them my mentors and my inspiration...

http://www.pbase.com/click_hamilton/welcome

and

http://www.pbase.com/schutze

thank you, thank you very much.

wakenphotography

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:38 pm

From her beautiful post-processing skills... Marisa has taught me how to make things have that dreamy look!...

Here is one I did after I started viewing Marisa's dreamy galleries....
Everything in the photo is real...
but a little post-processing really brings out the rich tones!

wakenphotography

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:48 am

BTW.....to the 'guest' that commented on one of my photos saying "quit begging for votes by kissing up to others" I'd like to say, you have issues and can stay away from this thread - it won't affect me in any way whatsoever. I will continue honouring the people I learn from and admire.

More tomorrow.....

barbara_heide

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:55 am

I've started a gallery about pbasers who inspire me. My shots and a link to the galleries of my inspirers...
Just started, so there are a lot more to come...
it looks like this:
http://www.pbase.com/barbara_heide/inspired

cheers

Barbara
Last edited by barbara_heide on Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

adalberto_tiburzi

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:56 am

Wow Barbara, yours is a gallery to browse with the greatest interest.
And I'm proud to appear there... ;-)
8) Adal

wakenphotography

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:04 pm

Hi Barb,

That's a wonderful gallery! I started a similar gallery like that called Fellow Photographers. Unfortunately, this gallery does not get noticed in my menu as people are usually browsing most recent additions or they came across the site by searching for specific photos.

I look forward to discovering other photographers I haven't "found" yet =)

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Anyone care to do the "honour a pbaser" again???