Board index PBase PaD Discussion What is your occupation?

PaD Discussion

What is your occupation?

discuss photo-a-day projects
gpaai

Post Fri May 21, 2004 6:42 pm

Prior to being put in a wheelchair (it's a long story) in 1999, I did a lot of physical work and owned a few businesses. Now I find myself pursuing a life that feeds my creative nature. This includes graphic design and yes my newest endeavor, photography. I have an extremely supportive wife that gives me all the room I need.

Currently my wants far outweigh my ability to obtain, but hey, good things come to those who wait. I used to be a very impatient and controlling individual. Now patients and God make things work just fine.

Gary
I love photoshopography.......

jypsee

Post Sat May 29, 2004 12:11 am

vvvv
Last edited by jypsee on Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

marlene_p

Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:51 am

I'm a wife and mother of 4, a grandmother of two very delightful boys.

A mom whose children always kept me quite busy but have all left the nest...

Now that I am at the age to not be able to deny that I have "offically" grown up, I guess it's time to decide what I what to be!

I volunteer some of my time to helping senior citizens here in Houston...not as much time lately though.

I went back to school (was studying art in another lifetime!) and this time received a certificate in Internet/Web Technology! Took some programming courses...thought I 'd do something with that, but haven't. (Programming was a real challenge and as each day passes and the more I don't use what I learned the less I remember. :cry: )

I'm a great hobbiest, though, and at the moment my passion is photography and playing with Photoshop. I do love gardening (but mostly enjoy the flowers and hate the work!).

I play a lot of tennis and ski quite well.

I'm a certified astrologer (Level I, NCGR) have studied astrology for 34 years - and have some paying clients. And right now am using astology to trade the NYSE.

Of course... if anyone can guess, I'm a Gemini! And anyone who knows astrology will quickly discover why I do so many things and am a master of none. Ask any Gemini what they do and they will give you a list of things!

Marlene

matiasasun

Psy chologist

Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:05 pm

I´m a student. In a few weeks i´ll become a graduate psy chologist.
My interest in photography are, of course, the beautty of it but also the problem of communication in human relations, in this case trought pictures.
I live in Chile´s Capital, Santiago by the way.
Matias, Chile - http://www.pbase.com/matiasasun
Resources, HOWTOs, Samples and more! - http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

wvjoe

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:31 pm

I am a Marketing Director for a telephone company most of the time. A dad with three kids comes next, and a photographer whenever I can be. I wish I could be more. sigh!
Joe Brennskag
Visit my personal space http://www.pbase.com/wvjoe/pad

threefourfive

Re: What is your occupation?

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:57 am

bela45 wrote:What is your occupation?

Official title: Program Manager
Un-official title: Consumer of free soda

:-)

adalberto_tiburzi

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:32 am

My occupation?
I am an IINKOL.
(Individual Investor No Kids One Lady). 8)
My hobby: photography (I suppose).
Last edited by adalberto_tiburzi on Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
8) Adal

sefin

Occupation

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:29 am

Im a programmer at billing area.
I program better than I photo, that for sure.

jazzmech

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:46 pm

I am a Oracle Web Developer/Database Administrator working for the U.S. Army in Germany by day. A drummer playing with three different bands and a amatuer photo guy!

corvidae

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:06 am

Computer programmer.

Still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life...

randu

Post Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:01 pm

I am a Curator in a newly established museum! Sound boring eh?

nparker

LAZY BUGGER

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:29 pm

I'm a Desk Based Account Manager and not really a lazy bugger, hey you can call me a DBAM for short crazy huh. Working for good old BT here in the UK. Before this I was working as freelance Illustrator check out -
http://www.pbase.com/nparker/illustration
I was doing this for about 3 years on and off & trying to scrape a living together this was after graduating from the University of Plymouth with a BA in Graphic Design in 1995. Photography was always there in the background but never the real focus I was convinced Illustration was the way forward (Only thing was it was gonna take years to build up, I needed a regular wage) so I turned to telecomms (blimey how depressing is that). Well I hope to continue my photography & take it a little further praps sell some images. Pbase is a step in the right direction. Three cheers for PB. :)
Last edited by nparker on Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davballguy

i'm a chocolate eater by day.

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:52 am

i thought i posted here but guess not. lots of computer people i see!

i'm an amateur student at the U of Southern California.
I'm pursuing a double major:
1) Organizational and Interpersonal Communication
2) East Asian Languages and Cultures, emphasizing Chinese.

while there I work part time at the Office of Protocol and Events, producing dinners and other University-sponsored events like Homecoming and Commencement. I'll be a junior in September and I'm going for the youngest-PADer-alive award.

wes

P.S. please offer me a lucrative job with decent benefits...in Hawaii preferably.
A photo a day
Keeps hard workers at play.
http://www.pbase.com/davballguy/

drxenon

Computer Programmer

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:27 pm

I haven't read through all of the responses on this thread, but enough to know that we are a very varied group! Outstanding! ;-)

By day, I am an IT Consultant (C/C++ Programming and UNIX Scripting), but night a photographer and producer of a radio show and tv show for our church outreach ministry. On Sundays and Wednesday nights, I am operate the sound board for the church as well ;-). When do I find time for my photography? I'm hoping PADing will cause me to keep my camera permanantly in hand! ;-). Hmmm...I'm going to have to train my left hand to fly across that sound board a lot quicker ;-). Hehehe...

- Darricke

cbss

Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:14 pm

Just a mechanic and a amatuer photo dude!

PreviousNext

Board index PBase PaD Discussion What is your occupation?