Board index PBase PaD Discussion Attention PaDer! Your help needed. Please read.

PaD Discussion

Attention PaDer! Your help needed. Please read.

discuss photo-a-day projects
djarvik

Attention PaDer! Your help needed. Please read.

Post Tue May 11, 2004 1:08 am

Hi,
I've been working for a couple of past days on a project, it's a website for PaDer, a "links" website, a sort of listing for all your PaD galleries.
It's a non profit site, there are no banners and such...
The site is in it's begging stages, so bare with me as I will add and improove the expirience.

I ask of you to tell me what you think about my little project ;)

http://www.photoaday.net

Click on "Add your PaD gallery" to add yours. There is a little wait after you add a link, it has to be approved (not me ;) it's the software) so don't submit twice. thanx

as some of you know, I do maintain a links page now, it's a pbase hosted page, you can find it here:
http://www.pbase.com/djarvik/links
Regards!
Alon Brik

jillburhans

Post Tue May 11, 2004 12:00 pm

Impressive.

Is there a cost associated with this?

djarvik

Post Tue May 11, 2004 12:10 pm

oh, no no ! it's a free website! more.. it's non-profit, so there is no advertisements of any kind!

jillburhans

Password

Post Tue May 11, 2004 2:44 pm

I am considering joining because I feel you have a good thing here.

However it does require a password. Can we create a different password from the existing one on PBASE?

djarvik

Post Tue May 11, 2004 2:54 pm

sure!

The password is just for the latter updates.
Let's say you relocated your gallery, right,
So you want that relfected on your link.... so you go and modify the adress.
for that, oyu need your site ID and password.

Remember, after you add your link, it still takes about 5-10 min before it will show up in the gallery. ...so don't try to submit it twice ;)
this is done, so we wouldn't get all that spam links.

Regards!

clickaway

Post Tue May 11, 2004 4:44 pm

What's the advantage of your own page versus the PBase page. Are you going to maintain both?

Ray

ziggers

Post Tue May 11, 2004 5:17 pm

I agree with Ray. It's so easy with everything kept here on pbase...

Just my two cents.

shaun

Post Tue May 11, 2004 5:23 pm

The way I see it is that increased traffic is increased traffic. If I get 10 hits because I listed my site on Alon's new site, then I'm ahead. That means that 10 new people looked at my work that may not have if my link wasn't there.... :)

lizardbeth

Post Tue May 11, 2004 6:01 pm

Yes and it also provides a way for people w/o a Pbase account to participate.

djarvik

Post Tue May 11, 2004 6:33 pm

exactly! There are a lot of people out there doing the same project that either have a different PhotoHosting service or even their own sites...

...so the site is kind of an addition to pbase, not trying to take anything away. ;)

Plus, I'm planing to have some other fetures, like PaD galley of the month, maybe even interview a PaD photographer time to time ( so we would know each other better)... and after all, I don't think anyone here would mind the extra traffic??? is there someone like that? lol

All your suggestions and critique about the site are welcomed! I'll try to make it as best expirience as possible.

regards
Alon

djarvik

Post Tue May 11, 2004 6:36 pm

one more thing! very important:

If anyone desides to post a picture with your listing, please keep the image size to an official small size of the pbase...

...cose if you don't, I have to do it for you, it's not like the software does it byitself. lol ;)

thanx

djarvik

Post Wed May 12, 2004 12:03 am

I'm looking to add some new categories, anyone has any ideas??

thanx

demorcan

Post Thu May 13, 2004 12:08 am

There are barely enough hours in a day for me to check this forum. If you keep it simple, I might be able to check in once a week. But with work, life, photography, etc, there is just not much time for messaging.

djarvik

Post Fri May 14, 2004 10:52 pm

demorcan wrote:There are barely enough hours in a day for me to check this forum. If you keep it simple, I might be able to check in once a week. But with work, life, photography, etc, there is just not much time for messaging.

I'm not sure I understand what you trying to say ;)

demorcan

Post Sat May 15, 2004 12:48 am

It sounds like there would be some things I am interested in. But, if it takes too long to find what is new, then I will not visit it often. The forums here, I check in every so often, but do not have time to catch up on everything. But here I can see what is new quickly without hunting. So, if it had something so I could see what was new quickly rather than going ot every link, etc, then it would be more usualeble to me.

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Attention PaDer! Your help needed. Please read.