Board index PBase PaD Discussion re: PotoADay.net

PaD Discussion

re: PotoADay.net

discuss photo-a-day projects
djarvik

re: PotoADay.net

Post Wed May 12, 2004 1:30 pm

Hi, just wanted to start new topic on that.
http://www.photoaday.net
I need some of your help ;)
Couple of points:
1- Right now, there are three categories on the site: "PaD galleries" , "Other Galleries" and "Photographers",
I thought of adding maybe another three. Can you suggest any?

2 - Results page. Right now 10 links show per page, my question is: how many would you like to see? 20- 30- 5 ;)

3- hmm... if you think of something, let me know.

Thanx for your help!

Regards!
Alon

polyvios

Post Wed May 12, 2004 7:22 pm

How about a user selectable one? I mean, I'm on broadband and you could put all 43 links on one page andI wouldn't care (I'd probably prefer it so I woulnd't have to click) but lets face it, for 56k people it's TOO much. So something like an option (5 links, 10 links, 25+ links) would be nice!

djarvik

Post Wed May 12, 2004 7:31 pm

hmm...good idea, I'll look in to it. let you know! ofcourse it will have to be done thru cookies, so you have to be able accept them ;)

anything else? Categories??

lizardbeth

Post Thu May 13, 2004 1:13 pm

I think you should just stick to Pad Galleries. When you start letting in all kinds of other galleries, I think you're diluting the idea. There are tons of sites out there that display galleries, such as Pbase and Smugmug, but none strictly dedicated to PaD.

djarvik

Post Thu May 13, 2004 1:21 pm

you are correct! ...I was trying to create "Categories" not for other galleries, rather, maybe ..."Photoshop Tutorials" maybe "How to use my camera" .....stuff like that, stuff that PaDers can beniffit from...

...I hope I'm making myself clear lol

let me know if not ;)

do we need something like that?

jillburhans

Post Thu May 13, 2004 1:35 pm

I would love to see PS tutorials. :D

jude_53

Post Thu May 13, 2004 1:37 pm

I'm with Jill.. I LOVE PS but I am having trouble learning how to use a few tools and things without hands-on help. That's a great idea.

djarvik

Post Thu May 13, 2004 1:55 pm

Done!

I'll look tonight, see what I can find on interenet.

...also, if anyone interested in submiting one and doesn't have were to host it, just send in to me via email and I will post it on the web...

...also, if you would like a tutorial on something, let me know, I'll try to find it, or make it myself ;)

djarvik

Post Fri May 14, 2004 10:56 pm

anyone else?

Board index PBase PaD Discussion re: PotoADay.net