Board index PBase PaD Discussion How much should I charge?

PaD Discussion

How much should I charge?

discuss photo-a-day projects
areid

How much should I charge?

Post Sun May 23, 2004 9:15 pm

I didn't know where else to post this so here goes:

I've just been asked by my brother-in-law if I would be interested in shooting some exterior and interior shots of 4 restaraunts his boss runs. I need to find out what exactly they will be used for but I think it's just to show the big bosses in California. They want me to take about 20 or so pics at each location.

First off, I have no idea what I should charge.

Secondly, I don't have lights or any other fancy equipment other than my 300D with the kit lens and a tripod. What should I charge if they are looking for nothing more than high end snapshots?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

allen

brother_mark

Post Tue May 25, 2004 3:07 am

Any private answers?

$75.00/hr plus costs. That's a simple way to bill it. And if you shoot digital there's no costs really. (Hourly rates depend on where you are, too.) That's what my employer pays freelance photogs. I have to get myself on that list. :)

areid

Post Tue May 25, 2004 12:22 pm

brother_mark wrote:Any private answers?

$75.00/hr plus costs. That's a simple way to bill it. And if you shoot digital there's no costs really. (Hourly rates depend on where you are, too.) That's what my employer pays freelance photogs. I have to get myself on that list. :)

Thanks for the reply (didn't get any private messages). Since I was doing this as a favor for my brother in-law I charged $50 per hour. I'll end up making about $200 or so. That's on the cheap end, but I'm looking at it as a learning experience. We took some pics last night that turned out pretty well.

coastalva

Post Tue May 25, 2004 5:00 pm

hope you post a few

Board index PBase PaD Discussion How much should I charge?