Board index PBase PaD Discussion Ideas for the February Challenge

PaD Discussion

Ideas for the February Challenge

discuss photo-a-day projects
lynnh

Ideas for the February Challenge

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:14 pm

Anyone have ideas for the February subject? Since I picked the January challenge, I won't be making a suggestion. I up for anything.
Last edited by lynnh on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

amoxtli

Re: Ideas for the February Challenge

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:35 pm

In February 2009 Gary Winters suggested a four color February which goes well as February has 28 days. It went like this:

"Feb 1-7: Blue - since so many folks are blue about winter.
Feb 8-14: Red - for Valentine's Day.
Feb 9-21: Yellow - because we start to become cautiously optimistic about spring.
Feb 22-28: Green - to acknowledge the coming season."

The idea was to post an image corresponding to each of these colors. It was a lot of fun and a popular challenge.

Unfortunately I will not participating because of time constrains, so this is just an idea dug out of the archive. :D
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

janicecd

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 pm

That looks like a good idea - different colours for each week
Janice

swhiatt

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:50 pm

I am a new comer to posting ideas..but would like to JUMP IN! Since February is the month of valentines, chocolates and love, I would challenge the sharing of the greatest/sweetest/most sacrificial love story you have experienced. All these emotions may have been felt at one time, for LOVE sometimes is hard....go as far back in time or as recent as you would share with no cut off date for pictures if included.

swhiatt

imorozoff

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:26 am

The other idea is a Four Lens February. As a multi-lens owner, I tend to stick with one for long periods of time.
A 4-Lens month would force me to use the other lenses for a change.
Just a thought.

lynnh

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:35 am

I like your thinking Inga. I have been using my "everyday" lens for every reason and I really do need to break that habit.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

janicecd

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:56 am

I too have lots of lens - but do all who post in the challenge have different lens too?

johnireland

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:19 am

swhiatt wrote:I am a new comer to posting ideas..but would like to JUMP IN! Since February is the month of valentines, chocolates, and loveswhiatt

8) :lol: :wink: :mrgreen: i would definitely join this & it's TIME for a FIRST TIME CHALLENGER!!!! you can also utilize ANY LENS and camera too with the theme of valentines, chocolates, and love which ALLL can create & definitely what this GLOBE NEEDS NOW & HOW & WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :mrgreen: 8) :lol:

texces

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:14 pm

I don't know if the point and shoot folks have the option of different lenses but I'm game for that. And, a month of love would be great too......I'm open.

knoxover

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:51 pm

:idea: Don't know it this idea/theme has been done before: LIQUIDS in all their forms and colors like; rain drops, rivers, lakes and streams or waterfalls and puddles or your daily beverages because we all need to hydrate! The ideas/shots could be virtually endless.

laroseforest

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:57 pm

I like all the ideas, except that using a point and shoot, I don't have any other lens :0(

texces

Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:11 am

I'm kinda liking the liquid one...don't think we've ever done that!

janicecd

Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:38 am

Not too sure about chocolate or Valentines But I'm happy for either the COLOURS or the LIQUIDS

But I'll join in whatever you all decide

heez10

Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:37 pm

I like the LIQUIDS idea!

lynnh

Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Liquids sounds cool!!

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Ideas for the February Challenge