Board index PBase PaD Discussion February: "Fill the Frame"

PaD Discussion

February: "Fill the Frame"

discuss photo-a-day projects
barbara_heide

February: "Fill the Frame"

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:37 am

February's challenge is "FILL THE FRAME".

This can be a variety of things, textures colours , close-ups... just fill the frame

A few rules / guidelines for the challenge:

February's images don't have to be taken on a strictly daily basis. Neither do they have to be posted on the same day as they were taken. The only stipulation is that 29 photos corresponding to 29 be covered and posted some time during the month. They have to be taken within the month and not taken prior unless, of course, it is a day or two before when we posted the possible challenge.

PLEASE DO NOT DIP INTO YOUR ARCHIVES, THE PURPOSE OF THIS CHALLENGE IS TO SEEK OUT IMAGES AND TAKE PHOTOS.

Happy Hunting!
Barbara

Don’t forget to leave comments for other participants in the challenge. No posting only please, the challenge is about having fun and camaraderie, and to learn from other participants, so check out the images other participants post and comment on at least some of them.

barbara_heide

Re: February: "Fill the Frame"

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:04 pm

My # 1 red liquid

cheers

Barbara

borisalex

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:09 pm

My # 1

Snow... :D 8)

maggie_falconi

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi,
I would love to join this challenge too! Thanks Barbara!
So, this is my first image for Fill the Frame:

This is going to be fun!!!
Hugs, Maggie

janicecd

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:53 pm

I'll try and add as I can

wennere_01

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:36 pm

Still not quite sure about the topic 'Fill the frame'. What does it really mean?
But I hope this one fits, so I give it a start:

http://www.pbase.com/image/141245337

I think, it can be fun.
Werner

barbara_heide

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:48 pm

wennere_01 wrote:Still not quite sure about the topic 'Fill the frame'. What does it really mean?
But I hope this one fits, so I give it a start:

http://www.pbase.com/image/141245337

I think, it can be fun.
Werner

Well my interpretation is to fill the frame with an item... in order not to have a background and a foreground... but everybody can have his own interpretation... so don't worry... you do as you see it and this will be all right!

cheers

Barbara

wennere_01

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:05 pm

barbara_heide wrote:
Well my interpretation is to fill the frame with an item... in order not to have a background and a foreground... but everybody can have his own interpretation... so don't worry... you do as you see it and this will be all right!

cheers

Barbara

Oh yes, thanks Barbara.
My idea was, that there is at least one thing within the image, that fills the whole frame...a water surface for example...I think I will do it this way.
However we´ll do it, it will be fun, I´m sure.

Cheers
Werner

lainesphotos

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:06 pm

So happy you liked the idea of fill the frame too Barbara and would love to join you this month.

Your interpretation is correct.... Fill the frame with a single item...some I hear say " I don't have a macro lens..." well it's not necessary to have one.
eg: point your camera toward the sky as long as it's only sky you have in your shot then you have filled the frame.
eg :point toward a tree trunk, a bathtub filled with water, ( don't show us the bathtub just the water ) a wall on a tin shed, a pretty pattern on a dress...just fill the frame with the pattern not the dress.

But especially have fun looking and posting :D

barbara_heide

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:17 pm

lainesphotos wrote:So happy you liked the idea of fill the frame too Barbara and would love to join you this month.

Your interpretation is correct.... Fill the frame with a single item...some I hear say " I don't have a macro lens..." well it's not necessary to have one.
eg: point your camera toward the sky as long as it's only sky you have in your shot then you have filled the frame.
eg :point toward a tree trunk, a bathtub filled with water, ( don't show us the bathtub just the water ) a wall on a tin shed, a pretty pattern on a dress...just fill the frame with the pattern not the dress.

Thank you Laine... that sounds very clear... and easy to do, just forget about composition and fill the frame...

cheers
Barbara

lainesphotos

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:28 pm

# 1
Fill the Frame with your subject

ceramic pie weights :D

1designguy

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:17 am

I'm intrigued. I may join in tomorrow. What a great idea.

borisalex

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:37 am

barbara_heide wrote:
lainesphotos wrote:So happy you liked the idea of fill the frame too Barbara and would love to join you this month.

Thank you Laine... that sounds very clear... and easy to do, just forget about composition and fill the frame...

cheers
Barbara

Hmm...to forget the composition??????? This doesn´t work at all. I believe its even more important to compose in that challenge!!!!!!!! Makes me thinking!!!! :?

ieke_vonk

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:02 am

Hi all,

Thanks for the nice idea :-))

Here is my first entry: http://www.pbase.com/ieke_vonk/image/141252817

Have a nice day,
Ieke

chrishadden

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:30 am

I really like this challenge idea - even though it's snowing: