Board index PBase PaD Discussion JUNE Challenge

PaD Discussion

JUNE Challenge

discuss photo-a-day projects
mawboo

JUNE Challenge

Post Thu May 03, 2012 4:12 pm

I know it is early but I bumped into this site and thought it might be something to think about for a June Challenge: http://clichesite.com/alpha_list.asp?which=lett+1
NOT SURE IF I SHOULD ADD THIS TO MY ORIGINAL POST OR AT THE END SO I'LL PUT IT IN BOTH PLACES.

I AM PLEASED THAT THIS IS TO BE A JUNE CHALLENGE. THE LINK ABOVE FOR THE LIST OF CLICHES WILL BE A GOOD PLACE FOR INSPIRATION.
I DON'T SEE ONE FOR THE LETTER "X" BUT THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHERS TO CHOOSE.
I WAS HOPING TO HAVE THE CLICHE POSTED WITH THE TITLE UNDER THE PHOTO. I LIKE THE IDEA OF SOME FROM OTHER COUNTRIES TOO.
SO YOU WANT LIMITS ON WHICH ONES TO DO. THERE ARE ONLY 25 DIFFERENT ALPHABETICAL ONES LISTED TO THAT DOESN'T QUITE COVER THE 30 DAYS IN JUNE. SO HOW ABOUT CHOOSING ONLY ONES THAT START WITH A LETTER IN YOUR NAME. ONCE YOU HAVE SPELLED YOUR NAME YOU ARE FREE TO CHOOSE AT WILL. YOUR PBASE NAME IS ACCEPTABLE TOO IF YOU WANT.
HOW DOES THAT SOUND?

I DON'T HAVE TIME TO ENTER THIS CHALLENGE BUT WILL BE LOOKING ON "WITH BATED BREATH', (which isn't on the list but probably should be).
Last edited by mawboo on Thu May 31, 2012 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

texces

Re: JUNE Challenge

Post Thu May 03, 2012 11:17 pm

Cooool. I like it!

sheils

Post Fri May 04, 2012 12:06 am

Could be very interesting!
It would certainly bring a variety of ideas and images :)

travelingrabbit

Post Fri May 04, 2012 10:48 am

What an awesome idea!!! Sounds like fun! :D

janicecd

Post Fri May 04, 2012 11:06 am

It could be fun...

lainesphotos

Post Fri May 04, 2012 1:09 pm

I agree...a great source of inspiration...good find, Margo !!

cits_4_pets

Post Sat May 05, 2012 3:22 am

Sounds like fun especially if people post the pix WITHOUT the cliche in the PAD discussion area - be fun to try & figure out the cliche before going to their gallery.
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

bdean

Post Mon May 21, 2012 11:22 am

Shall we consider limiting it to those cliches that start with a particular letter (A, B, C or D, for example) so that we can do it again with another set of letters?

travelingrabbit

Post Mon May 21, 2012 7:24 pm

bdean wrote:Shall we consider limiting it to those cliches that start with a particular letter (A, B, C or D, for example) so that we can do it again with another set of letters?

Considering the incredibly looooooooooooooong list, I think it's a great idea Brenda! :D

bdean

Post Tue May 22, 2012 11:38 am

travelingrabbit wrote:
bdean wrote:Shall we consider limiting it to those cliches that start with a particular letter (A, B, C or D, for example) so that we can do it again with another set of letters?

Considering the incredibly looooooooooooooong list, I think it's a great idea Brenda! :D

There are 93 "A" cliches. Maybe we should limit to just this list. Thoughts?

dawnb

Post Wed May 23, 2012 4:01 pm

I really like this idea and would join in!

kstuebin

Post Wed May 23, 2012 8:12 pm

This sounds doable for me too. So if I can do it anyone can. :) I am not a concrete or literal thinker and topics are always hard for me. I wouldn't limit it to just one letter either. It's really just about illustrating cliches of which there are probably millions. To my mind, that makes it easier not harder but like I said that is how my brain works. I understand other people like specifics and do better with that. So maybe just call it "cliches" and if someone wants to do cliches that start with one letter or maybe apply to just one topic, they can do that as a metatheme. I've seen that done with other challenges.

lynnh

Post Thu May 24, 2012 2:50 pm

I'll do it. And, I'd be interested to hear some cliches from other countries, if they aren't represented on the list.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

janicecd

Post Tue May 29, 2012 11:10 am

I like the idea of being able to use only the cliches starting with a couple of the letters - like A / B / C
I think just using the A's might be a bit hard for the month.

Unfortunately I am off overseas on June 13, but I'd be keen to join in until then... I don't think I'll be able to follow daily while I am away... too, too busy. But I know I'll been keen to come and join the August one when I return.

Janice

bdean

Post Wed May 30, 2012 12:56 am

Okay, let's narrow it down.

A - 93
B - 197
C- 133

A+B = 290 choices. Is this large enough? Or do we add C to make it 423 choices?

I don't want to make our options too narrow but it's not a challenge (in my mind) if we have too many choices. What are your thoughts?

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion JUNE Challenge