Board index PBase PaD Discussion JUNE Challenge

PaD Discussion

JUNE Challenge

discuss photo-a-day projects
kstuebin

Re: JUNE Challenge

Post Wed May 30, 2012 4:02 pm

I plan on doing it. I'm not going to do specific letters. I'm not spending an hour reading lists I will never remember anyway. That's like homework and I really don't have time to keep going over extensive lists. Since this idea was posted, I have been coming up with all kinds of cliches just thinking about them. Illustrating them through photography will be the challenge for me. Hope that's alright. I get the whole challenge concept. It shouldn't be easy. It's never easy for me. I'm not a literal thinker. I don't do well with rules or authority. I'm amazed I have a job. Well, I am at work typing this. :) Anyway, I also don't have a lot of time and the challenge is always my PAD and the weather can be really bad for days on end and really challenge me. So I plan on doing a cliche a day. It will be fun!

mawboo

Post Thu May 31, 2012 3:28 am

mawboo wrote:I know it is early but I bumped into this site and thought it might be something to think about for a June Challenge: http://clichesite.com/alpha_list.asp?which=lett+1
NOT SURE IF I SHOULD ADD THIS TO MY ORIGINAL POST OR AT THE END SO I'LL PUT IT IN BOTH PLACES.

I AM PLEASED THAT THIS IS TO BE A JUNE CHALLENGE. THE LINK ABOVE FOR THE LIST OF CLICHES WILL BE A GOOD PLACE FOR INSPIRATION.
I DON'T SEE ONE FOR THE LETTER "X" BUT THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHERS TO CHOOSE.
I WAS HOPING TO HAVE THE CLICHE POSTED WITH THE TITLE UNDER THE PHOTO. I LIKE THE IDEA OF SOME FROM OTHER COUNTRIES TOO.
SO YOU WANT LIMITS ON WHICH ONES TO DO. THERE ARE ONLY 25 DIFFERENT ALPHABETICAL ONES LISTED TO THAT DOESN'T QUITE COVER THE 30 DAYS IN JUNE. SO HOW ABOUT CHOOSING ONLY ONES THAT START WITH A LETTER IN YOUR NAME. ONCE YOU HAVE SPELLED YOUR NAME YOU ARE FREE TO CHOOSE AT WILL. YOUR PBASE NAME IS ACCEPTABLE TOO IF YOU WANT.
HOW DOES THAT SOUND?

I DON'T HAVE TIME TO ENTER THIS CHALLENGE BUT WILL BE LOOKING ON "WITH BATED BREATH', (which isn't on the list but probably should be).

janicecd

Post Thu May 31, 2012 7:26 am

I'm keen to do whatever you all decide
Janice

kstuebin

Post Thu May 31, 2012 10:22 am

Well, so far it's clear as mud. That's a joke. :) I've been thinking of lots of cliches. Many are not on the list. That one isn't. At least it doesn't come up in the search engine. It's well known too.

I'm glad foreign countries will be allowed since WV is one. Then I can use sayings like "That dog won't hunt." Which is what you say when something isn't going to work.

I still plan on using a cliche I think of whether it's on the list or not and I'm still not sure I can be constrained to certain letters because I'm old and the memory cells don't work that well any more and I'd never remember them. When I did the Daily Shoot, I was always getting the topics wrong because I'd read them, leave the house and shoot what I thought it was and then it wasn't that at all.

At any rate, isn't it June 1 in some parts of the world? Best not be a dollar short and a day late! :)

janicecd

Post Thu May 31, 2012 10:28 am

In NZ it is June 1st in 1+1/2 hour's time... 10.30pm now...
So, what are we doing?
:D :) :wink:

kstuebin

Post Thu May 31, 2012 1:37 pm

I went ahead and post the challenge thread. Let me know if this is not okay. Also add any additions you feel should be included or change the rules. I just thought it should get started as it is June 1 already in parts of the world.

mawboo

Post Thu May 31, 2012 5:08 pm

I was kindly asked to make some rules for the June Cliche PAD but I hadn't expected that. I was just happy that you thought the idea was a good one so really no matter what you shoot as long as you post a title under it stating the cliche I'm so excited about that.
Let the games begin. Those of you in countries where the date is already June you are setting the pace for the rest of us. Well actually the rest of you. I'm not playing.

kstuebin

Post Thu May 31, 2012 8:19 pm

I was afraid of that. I know a lot goes on behind the scenes but since it was almost June 1 in some parts of the world, I thought someone should just get it up. I apologize for jumping the gun. I didn't think Margot was going to host it since she wasn't going to participate but there is no reason she shouldn't. I went ahead and deleted my post. No one had added anything. For those who have to shoot something right now, I think a cliche would be safe. :) Ball's in your court, Margot. I'm sure whenever it gets up people can post then. I'm raring to go!

lynnh

Post Thu May 31, 2012 9:46 pm

I'll be doing cliches. I won't do them by Alphabet, instead I'll do the ones I like and appreciate and use. I might use some that are not on the list.
And, for Karen... "that dog won't hunt" is a cliche used in Texas too. :D
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

texces

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:19 am

Started with A....should have started with C....tomorrow, yeah, tomorrow...that's the ticket.

http://www.pbase.com/image/143711105

Cindi

rtwo

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:49 am

She has a bright future
Robin Reid
"Lets snap to it" <grin>

rtwo

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:51 pm

You can never go home again.