Board index PBase PaD Discussion POD Newbie

PaD Discussion

POD Newbie

discuss photo-a-day projects
gordy

POD Newbie

Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:49 pm

OK.... I created a new gallery just for my photo of the day images, chose it as my photo of the day gallery, updated everything.... and nothing appears to be posting in the POD area. What am I doing wrong?
Gordy in MA, USA
Canon EOS Rebel T2i
Registered Photoshop CS5 user
NAPP member
PBase supporter

djarvik

Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:28 pm

It will only show the recent uploaded photos. Now all you have to do is upload a photo! :)

Alon Brik
http://www.photoaday.net

gordy

Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:02 pm

djarvik wrote:It will only show the recent uploaded photos. Now all you have to do is upload a photo! :)

Alon Brik
http://www.photoaday.net

OK... I did this already. Earlier this afternoon, I added some new images to my POD gallery. Nothing still.

Is POD sensitive to the date of the photo? In otherwords, if I put a photo in my POD gallery and it's dated last month, will it show up in the day I add it or when it was taken?
Gordy in MA, USA
Canon EOS Rebel T2i
NAPP member
PBase supporter

isshinryu_mom

Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:02 am

Are you certain you selected it as your Photo-A-Day gallery? Choose "edit this gallery" then scroll to bottom of page, last section, where it says Photo A Day Settings and select "make this your photo a day gallery".

gordy

Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:35 am

isshinryu_mom wrote:Are you certain you selected it as your Photo-A-Day gallery? Choose "edit this gallery" then scroll to bottom of page, last section, where it says Photo A Day Settings and select "make this your photo a day gallery".

I checked, and I did everything correctly! Hmmmmm this is very frustrating...

Maybe I shoud unckeck it and try again with a new gallery.

Is there a default name for each user's POD gallery?
Gordy in MA, USA
Canon EOS Rebel T2i
NAPP member
PBase supporter

gordy

I can't make it work! HELP!

Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:47 am

gordy wrote:
isshinryu_mom wrote:Are you certain you selected it as your Photo-A-Day gallery? Choose "edit this gallery" then scroll to bottom of page, last section, where it says Photo A Day Settings and select "make this your photo a day gallery".

I checked, and I did everything correctly! Hmmmmm this is very frustrating...

Maybe I shoud unckeck it and try again with a new gallery.

Is there a default name for each user's POD gallery?

HELP! HELP!

I am not a PC dumy. I have worked with and used PC's sinc 1987!

Yet... for some reason, I can't for the like of me... get on PaD!

I have tried everything... and nothing!

Anyway.... with this in mind.... Please... someone... give me a detailed step by step descripion on how to get on to PaD.

One question... and PLEASE answer this. Do the images I post have to have the date implanted on it's EXIF to be listed on the particular PaD?

Thanks!
Gordy in MA, USA
Canon EOS Rebel T2i
NAPP member
PBase supporter

isshinryu_mom

Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:55 am

Gordy, I don't know why it wouldn't show up in the meta gallery if you've selected it by checking the option at the bottom of the gallery page. No, you don't have to have the date in the exif data. Mine don't.

fayewhite

Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:55 am

Your photos do not have to have the date embedded in the file. I'm not sure why your pics do not show up in the PAD gallery, but it's not due to the EXIF data (or the lack of exif data).

gordy

Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:15 am

fayewhite wrote:Your photos do not have to have the date embedded in the file. I'm not sure why your pics do not show up in the PAD gallery, but it's not due to the EXIF data (or the lack of exif data).

Maybe I should ask the Sluggster!
Gordy in MA, USA
Canon EOS Rebel T2i
NAPP member
PBase supporter

gordy

Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:16 am

fayewhite wrote:Your photos do not have to have the date embedded in the file. I'm not sure why your pics do not show up in the PAD gallery, but it's not due to the EXIF data (or the lack of exif data).

This is getting the better of me! Maybe I should just back away for a few days and try it again! :roll:
Gordy in MA, USA
Canon EOS Rebel T2i
NAPP member
PBase supporter

fayewhite

Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:26 am

I would definitely shoot an email to support - I hope you get it worked out. :D

gordy

Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:07 am

fayewhite wrote:I would definitely shoot an email to support - I hope you get it worked out. :D

Update = No Change! :roll:
Gordy in MA, USA
Canon EOS Rebel T2i
NAPP member
PBase supporter

gordy

PaD gallery - posting problem

Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:27 pm

I did some E-mailing with Slug. It appears that you have to upload directly into your PaD gallery for it to work. Since the point of the gallery is photos of the day, it appears to be date sensitive to the physical upload date. :roll:
Gordy in MA, USA
Canon EOS Rebel T2i
NAPP member
PBase supporter

fayewhite

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:45 am

Interesting.... so, if you upload to one of your non-PAD galleries and then move it to your PAD gallery, it won't show up in the pBase PAD gallery? Is that correct?

isshinryu_mom

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:49 am

I often upload into a different gallery, type my "commentary" and then move it into my PAD. And I've not had any trouble with images showing in the meta gallery as of yet. Perhaps you can't upload to another gallery and then do a "copy" for your PAD?

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion POD Newbie