Board index PBase PaD Discussion January 2014 Challenge: Trees

PaD Discussion

January 2014 Challenge: Trees

discuss photo-a-day projects
chenchena

January 2014 Challenge: Trees

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:58 am

The majestically gum tree in a field, a bare oak tree covered with snow, a deep lush rainforest.
Trees are very inspiring to photograph, from the roots to the top and in every season of the year.

Tips for tree photography
Isolate your subject
Look for Shapes & Angles
Look for details
Look For The Light
Look for the Time, location & Weather

The usual rule for a challenge apply, don’t dig in your archive, recent photo’s only and try to comment on the photo’s of the other participants.

Based on the small enquete by Lynn I take the liberty to start this challenge, as most of you are still in new years celebrations mood and the first day of the year is already more than half way in Australia.

chenchena

Re: January 2014 Challenge: Trees

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:02 am

A photo I took at the end of the month december of the under grow in a rainforest

Cheers Mieke

lynnh

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:50 am

Mieke, Thank you for starting the Challenge for us. I was out celebrating. :)
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

lynnh

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:25 pm

HERE ARE 21 BEAUTIFUL TREE PHOTOS TO INSPIRE YOU AND GIVE YOU IDEAS. http://digital-photography-school.com/2 ... ree-images OR 50 MORE PHOTOS HERE http://www.noupe.com/photography/50-bea ... raphy.html
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

jdonnelly

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:23 pm

Trees ... #1

I shot this a couple of days ago, but it really works for "Trees."

lainesphotos

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Sorry I wont be joining you in this challenge quite yet...I was a bit ambitious thinking I had time, but with visitors and painting the dining room
I can barely fight my way through furniture to reach my desk then when I do I'm either 5 minutes away from time to think about what I'm going to feed
them or I'm ready to sleep because climbing up and down ladders etc: has exhausted me...
I wish you well on the choice of " Trees " of which there is no shortage of unless your in the Sahara or Outback Aus...
Temperatures expected to reach 43 celsius here by the weekend and fire threats increase...

HAPPY NEW YEAR PBASERS :D

emmelafoto

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:09 pm

I had Trees as my monthly theme back in April 2007 .... a long time ago (http://www.pbase.com/emmelafoto/april_2007). Great to take it on again and to find out how I have changed. Here is my first. Taken today.

jolka

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:39 pm

For the fist day of 2014 - this is an old oak tree that is being decorated with lights every year for New Year's Eve. Local people gather under it to celebrate the beginning of New Year.

chenchena

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:36 pm

One more from the last days of december

Mieke
A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his/her life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful. (free to J.W. von Goethe)

tiggy

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:30 pm

January Challenge #1 Trees

onastone2

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:55 pm

It's a new year!! WooHoo!~ 2014 has arrived.
I'll try to keep up with this challenge, but no guarantees,
I always get so busy...

http://www.pbase.com/onastone2/image/153987459

lynnh

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:07 am

Trees dressed up for a party at the sidewalk cafe on New Year's Eve

cjphipps_servo

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:45 am

http://www.pbase.com/cjphipps_servo/trees_

Hello Everyone, I'm going to try and participate in this challenge for the month.
Have had a lot of illness and spent Christmas week in the hospital.
Love the subject of "tree," and have submitted my latest here.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Carol

yvonneii

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:10 am

janicecd

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:50 am

#1 - Christmas Trees - yes, doesn't the snow look weird!!! I don't think our decorators know what real snow looks like on trees

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion January 2014 Challenge: Trees