Board index PBase PaD Discussion August Challenge ideas?

PaD Discussion

August Challenge ideas?

discuss photo-a-day projects
jeanb

August Challenge ideas?

Post Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:03 pm

Any suggestions for an August Challenge?
I liked the Scavenger Hunt idea, found it far more challenging that a single theme. Lynn, if you like, I'll come up with a similar list for the coming month.

Jean

travelingrabbit

Re: August Challenge ideas?

Post Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:54 pm

I also love the scavenger hunt idea. Another thought is to do music titles of a particular artist.

jolka

Post Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:06 pm

Oh, I thought we would be continueing the list in August. This is what Lynn wrote in July:

"CHALLENGE - THIS LIST HAS 67 ADJECTIVES AND ADVERBS.
YOU CAN CHOOSE TO DO 31 OF THEM FOR THE MONTH OF JULY OR YOU CAN GO FOR ALL OF THEM... 67 OVER 67 DAYS."

This works for me, anyway :D

lynnh

Post Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:47 pm

I'll be continuing the Summer Scavenger hunt until I get all 67. I'm glad you joined for July. Have fun.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

jdonnelly

Post Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:44 am

I have really enjoyed getting together with some of my favorite photographers this month! You guys are the best! And I have always enjoyed scavenger hunts.

However, when I look at what's left on the adjective/adverb list I'm not all that excited ........ I haven't a clue how I would do some of them. I know, it's supposed to be a "challenge" but I think I'll pass this time.

Please let me know about any future challenge ideas.

Thanks so much,
Janet

jeanb

Post Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:10 pm

jdonnelly wrote:
However, when I look at what's left on the adjective/adverb list I'm not all that excited ........ I haven't a clue how I would do some of them. I know, it's supposed to be a "challenge" but I think I'll pass this time.
Please let me know about any future challenge ideas. Thanks so much,
Janet

I agree with Janet, the only words left on my list are rather negative and/or depressing. I'll continue to post my PAD, but may have to resort to opposites!!

Jean

mclew

Post Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:08 pm

Maybe we could continue the scavenger hunt though August by addition of opposites for the adverbs & adjectives on the list. I had the same feeling that there were better opportunities with some of the opposites to the words on the list. Some of them are probably going to be difficult in either positive or negative form :D but I enjoy the scavenger hunt & wish I'd begun earlier.

Margaret

cits_4_pets

Post Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:33 pm

jolka wrote:Oh, I thought we would be continueing the list in August. This is what Lynn wrote in July:

"CHALLENGE - THIS LIST HAS 67 ADJECTIVES AND ADVERBS.
YOU CAN CHOOSE TO DO 31 OF THEM FOR THE MONTH OF JULY OR YOU CAN GO FOR ALL OF THEM... 67 OVER 67 DAYS."

This works for me, anyway :D

Ditto... but am open...
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

cits_4_pets

Post Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:36 pm

Has a My Best shot of the Day been done???
Then people have total freedom of what they shoot & can post their best image instead of trying to find something that fits in a theme.
Those wishing to continue the Scavenger Hunt can. I still have a few on the hunt that would be fine, but some are rather depressing and with the lost of a friend, I need something positive.
Flo

jeanb

Post Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:58 pm

cits_4_pets wrote:Has a My Best shot of the Day been done???
Then people have total freedom of what they shoot & can post their best image instead of trying to find something that fits in a theme.

That's how it all started, about 15 years ago, except we didn't have a forum and it was just a bunch of regulars who got to know each other. Then somehow we got stuck with a 'challenge' instead of what was essentially (our best) Photo-a-Day. It's one of the reasons I declined for a long while.

I also found it was more challenging to come up with a GOOD photo, rather than one that just fitted the theme.

Jean

cits_4_pets

Post Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:11 pm

>>I also found it was more challenging to come up with a GOOD photo, rather than one that just fitted the theme.

Jean<<

I deleted a bunch of old photos, including full PAD galleries cause I shot a picture just to fit the theme and some were pretty bad... I like the idea of posting a Good photo.

Off topic as
Not PAD but might be fun as it is not done on a daily basis
Number three was fun! I could not find it in the forums.

1. This idea probably would be in the regular Show & Tell forums & not the PAD but I wonder if anyone in the future might like a 'How can I improve this inmage? So that suggestions/critiques can be made to help the person improve an image.
Sometimes I take a shot & basically like it but feel there is something I don't like about it & would like helpful critique. The one person who used to be good at giving me advide is not active on pbase anymore.

2. Another idea: Which shot do you like better. I used to put in an alternative image and would get more helpful comments that way..

3. There was a fun editing 'game' [/b]where a picture was posted with a title, and other people would take the original and add something to try and make it fit the title. Often another would do something else to the edited photo or edit the orginal....forget what it was called but I was amazed at what could be done in photoshop. This would be in the regular Show & Tell forum.
Flo

lynnh

Post Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:17 pm

For those who feel that you were rushed to post poor pictures... The Scavenger Hunts asks you to Post a picture per day. You don't have to take a picture per day. You can take a dozen pictures on the weekend and post a photo each day following. Most of us do that. The challenges haven't required you take a picture a day for a long time. Only that you take the photo expressly for the challenge subject.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

cits_4_pets

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:47 am

Not a good picture but took it for a FB memorial page, Friends of Kevin Collins who passed away unexpectedly and we are searching for his friends as he was not into social media, he posted ~10 posts,

Flo

Board index PBase PaD Discussion August Challenge ideas?