Board index PBase PaD Discussion October Theme...any ideas ?

PaD Discussion

October Theme...any ideas ?

discuss photo-a-day projects
lainesphotos

October Theme...any ideas ?

Post Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:17 am

An October Theme, only 3 days to go....any ideas ?
I enjoyed the freedom of the Colour Theme for the month. No pressure to find a suitable photo on any particular day made it possible to take part...thanks Jean & Flo for coming up with the idea.

jeanb

Re: October Theme...any ideas ?

Post Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:14 pm

I've really enjoyed this month, tremendous variety of images submitted giving me a glimpse into your lives. For this reason I prefer the idea of 'Theme' rather than 'Challenge. Having 5 separate goals within a theme, does indeed, give a lot more freedom.

My suggestion for October would be 'The World around Me', with again, separate categories for each week. It's more like the old weekly challenge, but gives the choice of doing a bunch at once/daily/or when it's convenient. Categories could be wide and varied, e.g. Signs, Transportation/travel, Food/restaurants, Still life, Nature, Street life (that would be for Ray and myself :-) ) Spooky (halloween coming up). etc etc.
Jean

jolka

Post Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:25 pm

I like Jean's suggestion and am going to participate in October, whatever the subject.

lynnh

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:35 am

I'm up for anything,
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

lainesphotos

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:59 am

Great idea Jean,I like the multi choices...mine will again come from archive images over the past four week or anything else I find.

lynnh

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:24 pm

I think we could make it even easier if we can pick which subject for a given week. If I want to do Food on week one, but Laine wants to do Street Scenes on week one... as long as we cover our 4 subjects over 4 weeks? What do you think?
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

lynnh

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:46 pm

lainesphotos wrote:Great idea Jean,I like the multi choices...mine will again come from archive images over the past four week or anything else I find.

Yes, I agree. Same rules, photos taken during or just before the theme begins.

jeanb

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:02 pm

lynnh wrote:I think we could make it even easier if we can pick which subject for a given week. If I want to do Food on week one, but Laine wants to do Street Scenes on week one... as long as we cover our 4 subjects over 4 weeks? What do you think?

That sounds Like a great idea Lynn.
Do you want to stick to the suggestions I gave or come up with others? In fact we could continue this format indefinitely, just coming up with 4 or 5 subjects and then letting everyone choose their own schedule. It would certainly give everyone the freedom to shoot how, where and whenever they can.
Jean

jolka

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:29 pm

Yes from me, Lynn.

lynnh

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:21 pm

I think we should keep it monthly for now. I think we would spend too much time deciding what to do instead of doing it.
We can visit at the end of the month and get some input from the other participants and decide about moving forward.

Here's my vision for the October. Don't know what to call the Theme... open for suggestions. I think Jean suggested My World.

7 photos of Signs or Labels
7 photos of Street/Sidewalk scenes
7 photos of Travel or Transportation
7 photos of Food or Restaurants
3 photos of Something I Enjoyed Today (this could be additional Food photos, or Halloween (or any holiday, birthday) or your grandchildren, pretty sunset. Something you enjoyed seeing or doing.

I think the 3 Something I Enjoyed days can be inserted during any week.

What do you think?

jeanb

Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:04 am

lynnh wrote:What do you think?

Sounds good Lynn.
Jean

lainesphotos

Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:45 am

Let's just call it October Theme...looks like a good choice there, Jean & Lynn

lainesphotos

Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:47 am

Sorry I missed Jean's My World...that's a good title too.

jolka

Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:45 am

Sounds great, we had similar monthly themes in the past: "September in my life" and "The ground I walk on" and I liked them a lot. Also "Food and restaurants" and "Different types of transportation".
My World is a very interesting theme enabling everybody to see and to show what we like, what we do, our hobbies, the world we live in, people around us. Also I find it easier for the weekly schedule, 4 subjects over 4 weeks.

travelingrabbit

Post Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:39 pm

I'm planning to join in, though I may begin next week.... Great theme and I miss participating in the Challenges! :)

Board index PBase PaD Discussion October Theme...any ideas ?