Board index PBase PaD Discussion PROPOSED JULY CHALLENGE - A Scavenger Hunt or ???

PaD Discussion

PROPOSED JULY CHALLENGE - A Scavenger Hunt or ???

discuss photo-a-day projects
lynnh

PROPOSED JULY CHALLENGE - A Scavenger Hunt or ???

Post Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:57 pm

I made this Scavenger list a couple years ago. We didn't use it at the time. We can try it for July if there is enough interest. I made it very broad and there are 40 choices for 31 days. Or maybe Abstracts instead? Take a look and make suggestions please.
All words starting with J

1. Jabot/Necktie/Scarf (or any frill/ruffle)
2. Jacket (book or clothing)
3. Jackpot/Prize/Desired
4. Jacuzzi/Jacuzzi-like (something steaming hot)/A bath
5. Jade (stone or color)
6. Jagged or rough edge
7. Jalapeno/Something Spicy
8. Jam/Jelly/Gel
9. Jane/ as in Plain or Ordinary
10. Janitorial (cleaning implements)
11. Japan/Japanese/Made in Japan
12. Jar/Jug
13. Jasmine
14. Jawline/Profile
15. Jazz/Jazzy/Flashy/Musicians
16. Jeans/Denim
17. Jet/Flight/something fast
18. Jesus/Jesuit/Religious/Church
19. Jewel/Bling
20. Jig (Dancing)/Jiggle/Wiggle
21. Jigsaw Puzzle
22. Jinglebell/any Bell
23. Jitney/Cab/Bus
24. Job/Occupation/Jobless/Useless
25. Joined/Joint
26. Jog/Jogger/Running
27. Joke/Jest – something funny or amusing
28. Jot (typed/written)
29. Journey/Travel
30. Jovial/Happy/Joy/Joyful/Joyous
31. Juice/Juicy/Wet/Liquid
32. Jumble/Messy/Piled/Askew
33. Jumbo/Large
34. Jumping/Leaping
35. Junction/Intersection/Railstation
36. Junk/Junkyard/Rusty
37. Justice/Judicial/Court/Law Enforcement
38. Jute/Mat/Rope/String/Something made of straw
39. Juvenile/Child, Children/ Junior/Junior-size, small
40. Juxtaposition/Contrasting
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

lainesphotos

Re: PROPOSED JULY CHALLENGE - A Scavenger Hunt or ???

Post Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:13 am

That's a great list Lynn, unfortunately my time is limited this past week and for three to come therefore will have to pass on July Challenge.
Good luck all, have fun with it.
Laine

sleddog

Post Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:56 pm

I wouldn't mind giving it a try although I would like to see some higher participation. Not sure how it would work out for me since I am a full time caregiver for my homebound wife.
Which makes it difficult for me to get out for any amount of time unless I can find someone to help out with her.

lynnh

Post Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:15 am

Archived photos are ok to use. I'd love to get more participation too. Any suggestions?
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

chrishadden

Post Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:53 pm

I really enjoy these scavenger hunts and this will certainly test my brain!
I have every intention of posting but have all the family here in the middle of July, I shall still try.
Thank you Lynn once again for the effort that you put into these challenges.
Chris

laroseforest

Post Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:35 pm

I'm in! I like scavenger hunts. It would be great to see some of the people who used to take part in the past, come back! I may not make every day, but will certainly try.

lynnh

Post Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:37 pm

I really believe that Facebook takes up a lot of the time that we used for Challenges in the past. Almost all of our old Challengers are friends on FB and it's hard to divide your time between Pbase and FB. Hunting for photos and then commenting are a time commitment and all of us have had to back off now and then due to family/work obligations.

I like that we are allowing archived photos now and then. That helps. If any of you have any ideas to gain membership, please speak up. If you think of someone to invite, let them know that we accept archived and non-PaD (meaning you can take all your shots on the weekend and then post during the week as example) so it's easier now.

I'll start the Scavenger Hunt.

travelingrabbit

Post Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:15 am

I want to participate but won't be able to begin the challenge until Friday, 7/7. Great words Lynn!

Board index PBase PaD Discussion PROPOSED JULY CHALLENGE - A Scavenger Hunt or ???