Board index PBase PaD Discussion I've had enough....I've Emailed Slug

PaD Discussion

I've had enough....I've Emailed Slug

discuss photo-a-day projects
mysticchyna

I've had enough....I've Emailed Slug

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:45 am

I've found that most folks see where I am coming from....of course we all have the right to an opinion...but I found jypsee's comment to be really insulting and rude. Yeah she had a lot of nerve. Anyway...

I have linked the disscussion into an email that I have sent directly to Slug, asking for his input to maybe help put some needed structure on this issue.

Here is the offensive (to me) comment that prompted me sending Slug the email....you want clarification...you will get it and so will the rest of us.
http://forum.pbase.com/posting.php?mode=quote&p=25764 [/b]
My Eyes R My Camera....I behold the world within my lens..........
--lisa

juliano

Re: I've had enough....I've Emailed Slug

Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:16 am

no!, londres
mysticchyna wrote:I've found that most folks see where I am coming from....of course we all have the right to an opinion...but I found jypsee's comment to be really insulting and rude. Yeah she had a lot of nerve. Anyway...

I have linked the disscussion into an email that I have sent directly to Slug, asking for his input to maybe help put some needed structure on this issue.

Here is the offensive (to me) comment that prompted me sending Slug the email....you want clarification...you will get it and so will the rest of us.
http://forum.pbase.com/posting.php?mode=quote&p=25764 [/b]

ericvision

Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:38 pm

Sorry, Lisa, but I don't see anything offensive in Jypsee's comment. She is simply stating her opinion - you don't have to agree with it, but there is no need for you to over-react this way.

1meven

I agree with Jypee! :-)

Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:10 pm

Yeah...not a big deal. I even AGREE with jypsee's comment. lol I have always thought the constant bickering about who's doing what right was stupid and I do what most seem to think is RIGHT! I STILL don't think we have the right to say what others can decide is right. I usually try to keep my opinions to myself, but sometimes it seems like it makes sense to let it out and THIS is one of those times. Just let it go. She wasn't even rude...just had an opinion. :-)

Meven

gpaai

Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:40 pm

I have been in a couple of discussions in the past (i.e. nudity, rules, etc.) then came to realize that nothing will ever really be resolved. That being said, I decided to just post my one image a day the way I see fit, and let it go at that.

If others so choose to do this or that, have at it, but please leave me out of it. If anyone feels I am doing wrong, please bring it to my attention so I can do my best to correct it.

I enjoy the fellowship I receive with other PAD members. I enjoy their comments concerning my images as well as the pleasure I experience viewing their images. I would really hate to see it come to an end simply because Slug got tired of the bickering and shut it down.

My 2 cents...

Gary
I love photoshopography.......

twalker294

Post Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:42 pm

Lisa,

Please don't take offense but can you please be specific about what you think was rude? If you think her post was rude, you haven't been around internet discussion groups long and I'm not saying that to be rude myself -- I'm just telling you like it is. If you really want to see rude, peruse some of the threads in the Usenet group rec.photo.digital or some over at http://www.dpreview.com. Most of the time the DPR groups are very helpful and civil but at times things get heated -- it's just part of it. Unless I'm missing something, what jypsee said was in no way offensive in the least. Please correct me if I am wrong.

sleepycat

Hello

Post Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:58 pm

Hi!

what is PaD?

David
-------------------
http://www.celebavenue.com
Hundreds of Celebrities, Thousands of Images[/url]

donna_lear

Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:13 am

Hi David ..
PaD means Photo A Day. There are some people who committed (or should be committed?) to taking a photo of something every day and posting it in a PaD gallery. Some of the people here have been doing it for a long time - some commit to a year - some, like me, are really pretty new at this.
It is both fun and challenging.
Donna

sleepycat

Must not be easy!

Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:25 am

So what do you do? Look out your window and shoot anything? :P

Must be difficult thinking of new things to shoot!!

David
----------------
http://www.celebavenue.com
Hundreds of Celebrities, Thousands of Images

twalker294

Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:16 am

Click the "galleries" link at the top of the page then click "PaD Galleries" and you can see a sample. The gallery is updated with the latest PAD entries every 10 minutes.

Board index PBase PaD Discussion I've had enough....I've Emailed Slug