Board index PBase PaD Discussion How do I start a PaD gallery?

PaD Discussion

How do I start a PaD gallery?

discuss photo-a-day projects
katki

How do I start a PaD gallery?

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:17 am

What are the steps for establishing a PaD gallery? How does an uploaded image become distinguished from my other galleries and recognized as a PaD?

Is there a procedure for becoming a member of the PaD contributers or do I just jump in?

Are there a lot of consistent participants or do most people eventually drop off?

Any thoughts and help with these questions would be appreciated.

northstar37

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:34 am

create a new gallery,
click to edit the new gallery.
At the bottom there is a button which says, 'click here to make this your PAD gallery'

upload a picture and it will appear in the PAD 'meta' gallery.
http://www.pbase.com/pad
Next time you upload a picture, THAT will appear in the gallery,
(and the previous one(s) will no longer appear), but people can see the others when they visit your own gallery

That way, only your latest one will appear. Put one up each day, or when you can manage. That seems to be it.

Enjoy yourself and Good Luck.

clickaway

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:39 am

Hi katki,

Following in from northstar, its best if you TAKE the photograph each day rather than just post one each day (i.e. try not to use archived shots).

If you take a photo each day, it will hopefully train you to be an even better photographer. You will find that even everyday objects can become interesting, especially if you put them in a special light (perhaps a silouette, or only part of an object lit). And if you always have your camera with you on say a routine trip, you might see something unusual and expected.

But have fun!

Ray

djarvik

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:35 pm

Don't forget to visit http://www.photoaday.net

Thanks for the plug! ;)

Board index PBase PaD Discussion How do I start a PaD gallery?