Board index PBase PaD Discussion Real confusing message:

PaD Discussion

Real confusing message:

discuss photo-a-day projects
gpaai

Real confusing message:

Post Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:40 pm

Don Northrup has compelled me to read the cover (as well as the comments) of my PBase Magazine cover over and over again. His comments have left me extremely confused.

Did I place something offensive on it?

http://www.pbase.com/image/33353257

My original intention was to challenge myself in its creation, as well as develop something other members would enjoy. Apparently something about it offended Don. SORRY DON!

Gary
I love photoshopography.......

jypsee

Post Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:02 pm

Don Northup is prone to having fits if someone posts a comment on his political galleries that he doesn't like. He pmail bombs people with his tirades and I think he's been banned from posting in the forums...so he uses comments to go off on others. You just happened to have a popular photo. He left me a comment about a photo that people voted for
http://www.pbase.com/image/33308772
that only says he may think it's artistic....
There are many forum posts complaining about his behavior to people who don't agree with him. In addition, slug, the pbase owner, removed political galleries from the popular galleries and made political galleries a separate entity. Northup seeks votes ACTIVELY....he beseeches for a vote at the top of every gallery; my guess is that he lives for his Pbase popularity and can't tolerate the fruits of his own actions.
It's not you...it's your place in the populars he's screaming about....

jypsee in MI
http://www.pbase.com/jypsee/root

clickaway

Post Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:27 pm

Really Gary, you should not worry at all. Its now been said.

dog_breath

I think its great

Post Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:34 pm

I don't see anything offensive about it.. I think its a cool idea and a great job in creating it. I can't wait for next month's issue!

BTW.. I don't havea pad but I check out the pad site daily.. i hope nobody minds my posting here!

keep smiling folks!

simonkirk

weird

Post Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:43 pm

I think he is probably upset because it was something from Pbase that did NOT have an image from him or his name all over it, i admit the guy is a good photographer but he is a little to wrapped up in his own world i think he was flamed so much because this is a photographic website we tell a story with our photos we do not use them to well saturate the world with political nonsense a virtue of a real photo journalist is impartiality.

Sorry if i am rambling but i need some sleep.

Gary love your work cant wait for the next issue!
Simon Kirk

Dynamic Light Photography

framewerkz

Post Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:06 pm

Probably best to ignore and move on. Don's not the most normal guy out there.
For the arty-farty crap, go here:
http://www.pbase.com/framewerkz

ukexpat

Post Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:16 am

framewerkz wrote:Probably best to ignore and move on. Don's not the most normal guy out there.

In the UK we have a descriptive colloquialism for people like Don, but if I post it I'll probably get in trouble....

gpaai

Post Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:29 am

I guess I just take things a little too personal. For the record, I really don't have anything against Don per se. I just think he needs to take his politics to a political forum somewhere. I use pbase as a sort of release from the world's garbage, so I don't need it crammed down my throat here as well.

Gary
I love photoshopography.......

darter02

Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:53 pm

LOL….now this is just tooooooooo funny… I leave the forums for a while and return to find that good-old Don is still up to his shtick.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Real confusing message: