Board index PBase PaD Discussion New to RAW ... HELPPPPPPPP!

PaD Discussion

New to RAW ... HELPPPPPPPP!

discuss photo-a-day projects
jude_53

New to RAW ... HELPPPPPPPP!

Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:54 am

I've just started to take some pics in RAW.. just SOME until i get the hang of it. The reason for this is that I'm starting to get some printed up for a gallery opening soon and well. I notice now that no matter what there is jpg compression - EVEN if you have to blow up very close. The printer said it'd be better anyhow.

My problem is (well one of them..hehe) that I am the worst techy person ever. I just have to have explicit instructions and I can't figure out how to do it. I've downloaded a batch from tonight but cannot get into them.. not even through photoshop. Was I supposed to do something before I downloaded to my computer? :shock:

Anyhow who can help me and has ... erm.. the patience of a saint, please please please.. i'll name my first born after you.

She's in her 20's but i'm sure she'll understand.. :twisted:

j

polyvios

Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:57 am

Are you using Photoshop 7 or CS :?:

slowpokebill

you need the right software

Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:09 am

You either need to load and use the Canon software or some third party software. Canon software is really slow and horrible to work with. I really like the Capture ONE software. I think you can get a 15 day free trail. Also, there is BreezeBrowser, Adobe Raw pluggin or the raw converter in Adobe CS.

What you do is open, adjust and convert the Raw file to a tiff of jpeg with the software. Then it is Photoshop as usual.

Hope that helps.

Bill

jude_53

Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:27 pm

I have 7.0 but i also have CS to download when I get a little more memory. I used the Canon Fileviewer.. it seemed to work but I'll look for the trial version of Captuer, Bill .. thanks.
I just am not sure how to use the temperature gauge. I guess it's just play play play until I get it.

Thanks guys

bigbad

Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:45 pm

Capture One

Jude, go there and click the green arrow to the left of C1 LE, the second from the bottom.

edited to add: do you save your images as TIFFs once you've opened them? then they would only be compressed once out of the camera. just a thought.
thou shalt not weigh more than thy refridgerator...

Board index PBase PaD Discussion New to RAW ... HELPPPPPPPP!