Board index PBase Questions and Answers Unusual amount of hits on selected older images

Questions and Answers

Unusual amount of hits on selected older images

Ask if you need help using PBase.
enigmawmn

Re: Unusual amount of hits on selected older images

Post Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:13 pm

How about an insane amount of daily hits from lmco.com proxy? Anyone but me getting those?

enigmawmn

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:07 pm

So this insanity continues. Anyone at PBase reachable at all about this? :evil:

dw_thomas

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:00 pm

enigmawmn wrote:So this insanity continues. Anyone at PBase reachable at all about this? :evil:

So far I'm not seeing anything like that incident a few months back. And since these user forums are apparently only sporadically monitored, have you sent any questions directly to support@pbase.com? I don't mean, given past history, that such a message will automatically get things fixed in minutes, but at least it is, in theory, the channel to use.

I recall there were some suggestions earlier that image links are sometimes passed around on some of the silly social networking sites -- maybe you've "gone viral!"

DaveT

enigmawmn

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:13 am

dw_thomas wrote:
enigmawmn wrote:So this insanity continues. Anyone at PBase reachable at all about this? :evil:

So far I'm not seeing anything like that incident a few months back. And since these user forums are apparently only sporadically monitored, have you sent any questions directly to support@pbase.com? I don't mean, given past history, that such a message will automatically get things fixed in minutes, but at least it is, in theory, the channel to use.

I recall there were some suggestions earlier that image links are sometimes passed around on some of the silly social networking sites -- maybe you've "gone viral!"

DaveT

Yes, it is the channel to use, but from my past dealings with that channel it's usually a one-way one, if you know what I mean.

I know that Extreme Tracking would usually show the entry point, except these suckers come up as "Nourl" :evil:

Previous

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Unusual amount of hits on selected older images