Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can't Figure Out How To Separate My Galleries

Questions and Answers

Can't Figure Out How To Separate My Galleries

Ask if you need help using PBase.
chicagorob

Can't Figure Out How To Separate My Galleries

Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:08 pm

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I can't seem to solve the problem. My first gallery is
fine, but my second gallery does not display when I click on "all galleries." It does show up
in tree-view, but as a sub-folder under my first gallery. I want to break it out into its own
main folder, so it'll show up separately from my first gallery and not as a gallery within another gallery.
Is there an easy fix, and how can I avoid duplicating this error in the future?

Comments and/or suggestions appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Rob

enjayel

Re: Can't Figure Out How To Separate My Galleries

Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi Rob..
they look fine to me.. (I can see only two galleries, so if you have more and want them public, then check your permissions)
If they're private galleries, then you might want to double check to see if you made your new gallery as a subgallery instead of at the root level..
in the drag-n-drop editor, you can drag the folder back to root
in the old editor, select the gallery name, scroll down to the "Move gallery", and select "root"
nancy

dw_thomas

Post Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:00 am

(Maybe you've altered something since the previous post, but ... ) In tree view I see a gallery "cape_cod_2011" which does not appear on your root page. I believe that is because it is empty. If there were an image, or a sub-gallery within it with an image, I think you would see it as a third thumbnail at your root gallery. It's a bit weird, but I think that's the way the system works. (But maybe that wasn't your question ...)

You might try uploading a picture (your cat if need be :P ) to cape_cod_2011 and see if a 3rd thumbnail appears at your root level page.

PBase is a tremendously flexible system, but documentation of how it works is occasionally a bit fuzzy.

DaveT

chicagorob

Post Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Thanks for the input. I put up many galleries several years ago and never had any problems, but it seems that things have changed since those days. Looks like I need to spend more time re-educating my old brain.

Rob

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can't Figure Out How To Separate My Galleries