Board index PBase Questions and Answers Is PBase down?

Questions and Answers

Is PBase down?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
hopko

Is PBase down?

Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:38 pm

A majority of my photos are gone on I am noticing this on other's galleries as well. Is PBase down? What is this major technical issue?

richo

Re: Is PBase down?

Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:01 pm

hopko wrote:A majority of my photos are gone on I am noticing this on other's galleries as well. Is PBase down? What is this major technical issue?

I am noticing a major slowdown in getting even the profile page to come up. Just now got a gallery page to come up. This has happened in the past when a server or drive went down.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:06 am

Hello Everybody,

PBase is not down. We are not having any problem with our servers. However, it seems that some sort of work was done in the network outside of our management that has affected the link from certain areas to our servers. Most of our customers seem to be able to access PBase as usual with no problems, but for certain people in certain locations, the network link between us is not working. We are working with our ISP to track down the source of this problem and resolve it as soon as possible. If you are having any problems, please post here or email support@pbase.com with your physical location. If we can see any trends in physical areas experiencing the problem, that might help us resolve the issue sooner.

If you notice anybody posting about this problem on another site, please pass along this information in case they cannot access the forums.

Thank you,
Emily and The PBase Team

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:54 am

Data Center Networking Issue Resolved

On the night of Friday, Dec 12, the data center that hosts our servers made some network routing changes to their equipment that accidentally cut off access to about 10% of the world. PBase was up and running, and most people were able to use it normally. Those who were affected by the networking problem probably couldn't reach us via email either. Once we discovered the problem, we got in touch with the data center's network engineers, who found the source of the problem and resolved it. Everyone should be able to access PBase now. If you check your PBase stats page or any third party stats services you use, you will be able to see that your pages were receiving traffic this whole time.

This networking issue also affected communications with our payment processors. If you tried to make a credit card payment on our site that didn't seem to work, you can check your payment history. If the payment is not listed there, then it did not go through. Go ahead to the payment page and try again. If you made a PayPal payment that does not appear in your payment history, please give us a day to sort through these and make sure we have record of all payments that were made. If you still have any payment questions after Monday, Dec 15, please email support@pbase.com.

Thank you.
The PBase Team

pschia

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:52 am

Is PBase down again?
Cannot access my photos now.

tomfarr

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:59 am

pschia wrote:Is PBase down again?
Cannot access my photos now.

Likewise.

cvcc

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:39 am

Having the same problems, can not access our images.

akmc_in_au

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:29 am

I'm getting intermittent images. As in, with some of my favourites and the PAD galleries links on my home page I'm getting the thumbnail which links to the image as normal. With others it's a broken thumbnail icon which leads to a broken link icon for the image. (Though the rest of the page (exif, comments, etc) displays normally.) If there's a pattern to which galleries fall into which group, I can't see it.

busch

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:48 pm

I have LOTS of broken links here in Germany!

merriwolf

Is PBase broken?

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Some broken thumbnails and images not displaying. Was like this during the night and then got better and is now broken again.

milv

Re: Is PBase broken?

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:10 pm

merriwolf wrote:Some broken thumbnails and images not displaying. Was like this during the night and then got better and is now broken again.

The same!

smok53

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:34 pm

Hi,

The same!
Broken thumbnails and images not displaying.

Tomasz

tomleroy

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:39 pm

It's been down at my location in Germany since this morning. The JPEG's do not display... maybe not linked to correctly in the HTML :(

elstan

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Same problem here.

Stan
Pasadena, CA

smok53

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:49 pm

Can somebody from pbase support let us know what's going on ?

Next

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Is PBase down?