Board index PBase Questions and Answers Is PBase down?

Questions and Answers

Is PBase down?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
erichmangl

Re: Is PBase down?

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:00 pm

smok53 wrote:Can somebody from pbase support let us know what's going on ?

ever noticed that you can scroll up?

dw_thomas

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:13 pm

I looked here after noticing the four random thumbnails in my profile didn't update when I refreshed to get a new hit count. In a quick and brief tour, my galleries seem to be working. (I'm in southeastern Pennsylvania USA, for the two cents that's worth.) When looking at the amount of data shuffled over the Internet these days, I'm inclined to be amazed it works at all. :shock:

DaveT

chd8

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:44 pm

Here in France, since this morning, many of my images are not displayed.

akmc_in_au

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:14 pm

erichmangl wrote:
smok53 wrote:Can somebody from pbase support let us know what's going on ?

ever noticed that you can scroll up?

Ever noticed that if you can read a calendar (big "if" in your case) you can see that the postings from Emily were over a week before the current problem?

Ever noticed that last week she reported that the data centre issue was resolved, but that there now seems to be a new problem?

Ever noticed how utterly useless your reply is in the circumstances?

Meanwhile, back in the real world I noticed a link to the following announcement at the top of my home page this morning (thumbs up to the PBase team for communicating information in that way; it's the most effective way of doing it):

Images Not Loading - Network Problem

The PBase servers are up and running with no problems. There is currently a networking / DNS issue that is preventing access to image servers for some people, but not all.

If you are experiencing missing/broken images, it is due to this networking issue.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
The PBase Team

As of about 10 minutes ago all of my thumbnails and links seem to be working. It'd be interesting to hear how others who had the same problem are going.
Last edited by akmc_in_au on Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ashlee
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:27 pm

The PBase servers are up and running with no problems. There is currently a networking / DNS issue that is preventing access to image servers for some people, but not all.

If you are experiencing missing/broken images, it is due to this networking issue.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
The PBase Team

merriwolf

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:13 pm

Things look to be back to normal here now.

bilsen

Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:58 am

Cannot access anything.

I survived the crash several years ago but it really is getting tiresome.

hjsteed

Post Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:31 pm

Have been experiencing considerable delays with access to my PBase galleries & images for the past week.

Is there still a "networking" problem external to PBase servers?

Current upload image connection problem at http://www.pbase.com/hjsteed/photo_shoot_150105&page=3

Finally got a about 6 photos uploaded over an hour's time.

I hope the problem is being fixed.

sindprod

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:34 pm

Having lots of problems uploading photos to my site. Location Tunisia. Just accessing this forum takes about 1/2 minute.
Please advise

hjsteed

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:31 am

I've been getting "Connection Resets" with uploads here in San Diego for the past week. Very frustrating...

This problem appears to be with my Internet Service Provider here in San Diego...

Previous

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Is PBase down?