Board index PBase Questions and Answers CANNOT UPLOAD

Questions and Answers

CANNOT UPLOAD

Ask if you need help using PBase.
jrandyh

Re: CANNOT UPLOAD

Post Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:29 pm

I also sent an email to help@pbase.com and it was returned.
JR

dw_thomas

Post Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:00 pm

jrandyh wrote:I also sent an email to help@pbase.com and it was returned.
JR

As far as I know, the email address to use is support@pbase.com

As mentioned in and out through this thread, a number of us have been uploading images, editing captions, and editing gallery header text off and on for the last week or two without apparent problem. That does not mean PBase is faultless/blameless/whatever, but it would seem that some of the problems may be external to PBase.

It seems it is always a crap shoot -- in the last week or so I've seen two updates to Windoze 7x64, and Firefox updated to 36.0, but from my desktop, things appeared to be OK before and after those updates.

I do believe I've seen a change in behavior of the upload from the new editor where I can't seem to drag a group of selected files to the browse button, but that is more recent -- just in the last couple of days -- than these other complaints. And I can click the browse button and do multiple iterations to queue up a group of files to upload, that still works OK.

chrishadden

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:21 am

Last week the iPad Uploader stopped working - all I get is the message 'server not responding'.
I've been using this app for three years with no problem. Have even deleted and downloaded app again - no luck.
Am waiting a response from the Team.

murraybowles

Post Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:05 am

I just had it die 2/3 through an upload of a 200-file zip file.

chrishadden

Post Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:48 am

The uploader for iPad started working again yesterday, thank you Help Team.

And I had two responses from the Help Team, Ashley in this case. Efficient and helpful.

barryrosen

Post Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:30 pm

I've been having the same Error 503 message when uploading zip files with more than 100 photos. I have to break the file into smaller number of photos. The same error message when trying to delete a folder. I've tried using Chrome, IE, Firefox. Same problem with each. I can't seem to get a reply from pbase help, I've emailed support@pbase and help@pbase. I get an immediate bounce back from them that is simply my message to them. What's going on?
Barry

printed1234

Post Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:18 pm

Well I have the same problem for a month now and I don't get the help from the staff as I might expect for paying for more than 10 years to this site. In two months the next payment should be done, hope they solve my problem before that time and give me at least one more extra before paying again.

barryrosen

Post Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:33 pm

I'm going to leave pbase if this continues. I've paid more than $1500 since I became a supporter. No reply from PBASE. Can anyone recommend another photo storage site?

amoxtli

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:53 am

I have uploaded at least an image a day since 1/1/08 with no problems apart from the great outage of 2008-09. I only ever upload an image at a time, and have had no problems so far this year with uploading, slowness or error messages.

That said, I find the recent postings here regarding problems, lack of response, indications that subscribers will leave etc. disconcerting. Management seems to have left the building.
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

dansudbury

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:35 pm

I just can't upload since yesterday!!! I tried Explorer and Chrome and both gives me the Error 503.. Anyone know about this?

dansudbury

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:42 pm

Hey guys that have problem with the upload... I have tried using the "Drag & Drop" page instead of the old Upload page and it worked beautifuly!!! Pbase administrator should advise members... I think! ♫

barryrosen

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:47 pm

To clarify, the 503 issue seems to only occur when uploading a zip file of more than 100 images. The upload seems to complete, but pbase crashes while processing the images. Sometimes if I wait 15 minutes or so, all the images are uploaded, but not necessarily in sequence. Other times, only a partial upload occurs. To make matters worse, if the folder is out of sequence, I need to delete all the images to try uploading again, but the error also occurs when deleting! So I have to retry a number of times to clear the folder. What I've had to do is break up the batches into smaller number of photos. This is a pain when I need to upload about 2000 photos each weekend.

Has anyone checked the pbase headquarters (where are they anyway??) to see if anyone is still working? They seem to have vanished. Maybe those solar flares had something to do with their disappearance.

BTW, drag and drop has same time out issue, just different error message ("...process was interrupted").

donbensonphotography

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:03 pm

I have trouble up-loading and deleting galleries - happens with every browser i use - i have tried them all! all you get is error messages - i wrote to pbase and response is un helpful - very disappointing!

parpho

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:48 am

The only time, of late, that I have had trouble loading was while using a hotel's wireless service. I could not even send emails. At home my wireless is slow to certainly fast enough. At work, again on wireless, extremely fast. I have also had the dreaded 503 message only to find the files were up loaded anyway.
So if you are wireless, might want to check that out. If you are wired I've got nothin'.

barryrosen

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:57 am

I get the 503 error regardless of the computer or network, at home, hotel or any other place. Always WiFi. I don't have a wired setup anywhere to see if that works.

Often, the full upload ends up online even after the error message, but other times only some of the images make it through.

The status bar shows the upload is done, and the problem appears to be when pbase is processing the images.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Questions and Answers CANNOT UPLOAD