Board index PBase Questions and Answers Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Questions and Answers

Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Ask if you need help using PBase.
fishit

Re: Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Post Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:16 am

I feel at this point it is not safe in the long terms to invest much time posting here as you have mentioned when ownership just no longer cares.
Still positing and still have a lot of pictures here but who know when this may just close like photoSIG did and some other photography site, sad.

I am paid up for about 2 more years and still enjoy like you the basic functions, but those are starting to fail.
The uncaring owners and lack of concern is often the death spiral of a company as people not longer feel appreciated or confident.
I hope that does not happen here, I like the basic design, but it now seems to be slow and not functioning correctly.

My last two email have gone without reply which was never the case before, hope it is not foretelling the future.

dw_thomas wrote: Indeed! My Grande Plan was to continue scanning some of my archives that go back fifty years and build up a visible historical archive here, along with my current activity. But after the last few months I fear my time might be better spent coming up with an approach to putting my work on my own site (I have 9+GB of untapped space!) I really liked the almost limitless gallery hierarchy and flexibility available here without having to do any serious web design or coding -- but maybe that created a monster that helped box the management into something they couldn't maintain. Some of the site's current failings I view as more at the nuisance level than "show stoppers," but the overall sense of what's happening does not inspire any confidence. There is also the increasing evidence that a redesign more capable of dealing with the small formats of smart phones and tablets might be desirable, no doubt an overwhelming task under the current situation. Though I myself don't find small devices very interesting for viewing photos, I know some users have brought up the topic.

People occasionally bring up requests for new "features." I'd be happy to have the ones that are already supposed to be here working right. As an example, the ability to select a block of files and drag them to the 'browse' button in the uploader seems to have quietly evaporated several months back and my email to support never received the courtesy of a reply (other than an auto-response).

alpiner

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:57 pm

PBASE!!.....COME ON GUYS! PLEASE!
It's obvious there is serious trouble, with us having huge problems editing anything and even navigating around our galleries, and this has been going on for a week now, AND the fact that there is not a word from you about this. You must be able to read this forum if we can, and yet no response from you on the repeated requests for information on the situation, and this is the most worrying aspect, I think. Whether the trouble is technical or a more serious issue, any news would be better than total silence.

pixceline

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:25 pm

I have those problems too when trying uploading or removing photos. The pbase site tries to open ttp base.com and the brower doesn't find it.
Are you still having problems too ?

Thanks.
Celine

helenpb

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:35 pm

I am having the same problem. Plus I can't comment, can't send a PMail, can't edit my photos, can't access the recent uploads, nothing. I get a message saying that page can't be located (or something like that).

enigmawmn

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:38 pm

ok, I finally found a dedicated thread after starting a new one. At least I take comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one :roll:

dsjtecserv

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:53 pm

We have been having the same problems off and on for about a month, ever since there was some sort of DNS problem that PBase acknowledged. However, they have not acknowledged the continuing problem, nor shown any recognition that the site is not functioning properly. My subscription expires in about two months. I'll use that time to review the other sites and select on as my primary pubic face. Enough is enough.

Dave

enigmawmn

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:02 pm

now I get the "Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

jacodub

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:24 pm

Uploading, among other things, is horribly slow! To the point that I seriously consider putting an end to my subscription; I regret having posted more than 4300 pictures in a site the administrators don't seem to have an interest for anymore. If anyone finds another site with similar ― but working! ― features, please let us know. :(

1heart

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:02 pm

After a couple of weeks of problems, things seemed back on track, then today the system is crashing again, worse than before. My sense is that the whole site is collapsing, there is clearly no re-investment in improvements, and I would suggest to anyone considering becoming a member here to find another option. Unfortunately, I have already nearly 17,000 pics here, which I can barely even access now, so I might just toss my camera and take up painting. I really no longer have any expectation that our concerns will be addressed, and it is really a shame that a site with the potential of this one was allowed to fall into disrepair due to the negligence of its owners.

piet01

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:21 pm

The problems appear to be worsening. Today I have no access to my photos. The owners do not respond, innovation doesn't happens for years and even regular maintenance is apparently stopped. My patience is running out.

erichmangl

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:57 pm

1heart wrote: I really no longer have any expectation that our concerns will be addressed ...

indeed it looks like this site's time is over soon, that's why i downloaded everything and deleted a lot of images to come under 1000mb and will not upload anything anymore, i know better ways to waste money than to give it to someone like slug and emily who care about nothing

lebororo

issues editing not clean

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Aggregate daily page views for 29 August 2015
only 10
not too much visitors can access "may be" my site

mikelong

Post Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:01 am

Simple resolution depending on how important having a consistently functional website is to you:
build your own or have someone do it for you. Lots of web designers out there looking for work.

dw_thomas

Post Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:54 pm

(Almost afraid to say it out loud but) since yesterday afternoon, response times seem to be more like they should be -- may it last a while!

DaveT

fishit

Post Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:33 am

Emily returned from a trip and perhaps tweaked something. I hope she will comment here as to the problem many are having.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Serious issues with photo upload and editing