Board index PBase Questions and Answers Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Questions and Answers

Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Ask if you need help using PBase.
lebororo

easy access for me Hubert

Post Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:35 am

hjsteed wrote:I continue to get this error message from my Verizon.net servers while updating my current PBase photo galleries "Sorry, We could not find ttb.pbase.com" resulting in many problems with the internet servers associated with Pbase. It's disappointing...

View Galleries : Hubert Steed has 4632 galleries and 193561 images online.
These pages have been viewed a total of 39926750 times.
View Guestbook : 281 messages. Most recent on 24-Aug-2015.

lebororo

rbellphotography

Re: Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Post Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:05 am

hjsteed wrote:I continue to get this error message from my Verizon.net servers while updating my current PBase photo galleries "Sorry, We could not find ttb.pbase.com" resulting in many problems with the internet servers associated with Pbase. It's disappointing...

That's exactly the same message I've been getting. Today, I can't upload anything and I can't even delete files that are already uploaded. This has been an ongoing problem for several months now. I've tried opening a trouble ticket, but no progress has been made. Been using the site since 2006 and this past 6-12 months have really seen a major decline in system integrity.

dw_thomas

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:00 am

"Sorry, We could not find ttb.pbase.com"

A while back when things were seriously messed up I occasionally saw that, but from here things have been OK for a week or so now. I got the impression that particular URL was pulled in to get some sort of completion script after an edit, or in my case, I think it was after resetting the hit counts. After a bit of a wait, things would blow out with that error -- but -- the counts would be reset.

I just tried manually calling up that URL and got a not found, but I've not, as I note, seen the error lately. If you haven't, maybe you should try clearing your browser cache for PBase stuff and try again, perhaps you are inadvertently trying to run an out-of-date script cached on your local machine.

(Or perhaps it's the blood moon ....)

DaveT

rbellphotography

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Still having problems. Just trying to create a new gallery and received the "Server Not Found" error on domain ttb.pbase.com. Any hope of a fix in the near future?

natureart

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:04 pm

I also have form time to time still these problems, however it also sometimes works fine.
On my e-mail to the PBASE Support I still haven't received any reply. Only an automatic non-reply mail with a case number.
A shame !

Art

helenpb

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:44 pm

This is absurd. For the past few days it has been unbelievably slow, and that is on two servers with both WiFi and fiber optic. I have gotten screens that say the site doesn't exist and then that the server can't connect to it. I think the company must be failing, and I am about done with this nonsense.

dw_thomas

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:09 am

Yes, it's weird, three or four days ago I observed it seemed really snappy, but yesterday I was editing a couple of things and it was quite sluggish, although not totally dead. Attempting to bring up the detailed statistics appeared to be timing out after a long delay, but eventually worked after several tries.

One thought I had was that I'm thinking the home base is in the Carolinas -- maybe their computer room flooded! (Sorry I thought of it. :shock: )

DaveT

velvin_photography

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:10 am

Getting very frustrated at not being able to upload zip files to site keep getting error message saying unable to complete,
with being a long term member and with over 30,000 photos up it seems to me to be time to move to photo-shelter. Although i hate to think how long that will take.
As i need to get photos up asap after taking them these problems are a major.

mwphoto0524

Post Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:53 pm

Takes a lot to get me fed up with PBase, but I think the time has come. Can't even get one image to down-load right now. Have put up galleries to FaceBook, the site I work for and Smugmug, so I believe it's not the connection with the motel internet. Time to start new galleries elsewhere and hope pbase still stays able to show my past stuff (no problem viewing).

kstuebin

Post Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:48 pm

I can't even update photos with info any more. BACK TO GALLERY. BACK TO GALLERY. I guess we can all keep complaining or move on. I'm kind of limiting my time here now. I just uploaded a whole gallery to Flickr in 40 seconds. Then I could move stuff around and batch edit. I think the message is clear. This is what you got. So it's really pointless to complain any more. When the site goes bankrupt, I guess we'll be the last to know. :) I'll stay here and come here periodically until then. But I sure wouldn't want to have a PAD any more. :)

Previous

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Serious issues with photo upload and editing