Board index PBase Questions and Answers iPad says need new pbase uploader or won't load anymore with update!

Questions and Answers

iPad says need new pbase uploader or won't load anymore with update!

Ask if you need help using PBase.
jrandyh

iPad says need new pbase uploader or won't load anymore with update!

Post Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:13 pm

I have been getting messages the uploader needs updating on my iPad. Since most of my new photos are on my iPad or iPhone and I don't use a computer anymore I use the uploader. Now it says I won't be able to use the pbase uploader to upload to my gallery after the next iPad update. Is there an update for the uploader.? If not how will I upload. I have invested a lot of time over many years to keep my photos in pbase.
John Harrison

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iPad says need new pbase uploader or won't load anymore with update!

Post Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:46 pm

Hi John,

We are aware of this and are working on getting the updated app out the door.

Thanks,
Emily
PBase Support

jrandyh

Post Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 am

Still waiting. This is really upsetting after sticking with you many years, my photos are uploaded here but can’t add to them. So when or if will an uploader be completed. Just tell us the truth.
JR

batraaf

Post Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:14 am

jrandyh wrote:Still waiting. This is really upsetting after sticking with you many years, my photos are uploaded here but can’t add to them. So when or if will an uploader be completed. Just tell us the truth.
JR

Its a joke really. I asked or informed Pbase about this too on July 27th. This (see below) was the reply (same old, same old). No wonder a Pbase exodus took place. I installed IOS 11 but no Uploader available.

Reply from Pbase:
We are working on getting the updated PBase Uploader app ready for download. We have been working on a lot of back-end changes to PBase which are necessary and make the site more reliable. Unfortunately, our customers cannot really see this work. Once the back-end changes are complete, we will be able to roll out various updates to the user interface.

batraaf

Post Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:15 am

jrandyh wrote:Still waiting. This is really upsetting after sticking with you many years, my photos are uploaded here but can’t add to them. So when or if will an uploader be completed. Just tell us the truth.
JR

Its a joke really. I asked or informed Pbase about this too on July 27th. This (see below) was the reply (same old, same old). No wonder a Pbase exodus took place. I installed IOS 11 but no Uploader available.

Reply from Pbase:
We are working on getting the updated PBase Uploader app ready for download. We have been working on a lot of back-end changes to PBase which are necessary and make the site more reliable. Unfortunately, our customers cannot really see this work. Once the back-end changes are complete, we will be able to roll out various updates to the user interface.

jrandyh

Post Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:28 pm

We really need to be able to upload our photos. I can’t move all my pics to another site.
JR

batraaf

Post Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:53 pm

jrandyh wrote:We really need to be able to upload our photos. I can’t move all my pics to another site.
JR

I assume that you don’t have a PC or Mac and work only from your iPad? In that case I wish you lots of good luck but above all patience. PBase has not enough subscribers I think. The cash cow became a cash flow problem. :twisted:

sleddog

Post Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Same problem, with OS11.0.3 update on my iPhone the PBase App is useless, not that I upload much from my iPhone, but it's probably the wave of the future.
Sure would like to see a new working app.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers iPad says need new pbase uploader or won't load anymore with update!