Board index PBase Questions and Answers Will You Renew Your PBASE Account?

Questions and Answers

Will You Renew Your PBASE Account?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
jebka

Will You Renew Your PBASE Account?

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:08 am

With horribly slow uploads, missing thumbnails, downtime, no info on what is going on etc., I'm not sure I spent my money wisely.
There is a great deal of competition out there.
If it came time to renew my account today, I doubt I would do it.

Am I alone in the poor assessment of PBASE's quality & service?
eric

srijith

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:10 am

4 more months to go for me and I will renew.

ilanphoto

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:14 am

only last month I bought more credits so now I have 15 more credits and I will buy more in about a year

yardbird

My hands are tied

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:30 am

I have 11 more months, and over 4500 photos. My photo site is now filled with more memories than I can ever hope to recreate anywhere else. I have to renew!

skitz

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:37 am

I guess that's why I'm so reluctant to move. Not only do pbase offer the type of services I'm after (I love the flexibility of CSS style...and their no frills upload and gallery management), but just the thousands of images I'd have to move!

It's only been these couple of months where the service has been more dodgy than usual, I hope they can fix this!! I want to stay here!

gunnarhorpestad

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:51 am

54 Months to go, and yes, I will renew.
I just hope that PBase can become more reliable in the future.
:D
Gunnar Horpestad
Norway and China
Canon Enthusiast
Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EOS 20D, Canon EOS 300D, Canon G9, Canon XH A1 Camcorder
http://www.pbase.com/gunnarhorpestad
! Never look back and regret,
look back and smile at what you have learned !

kstuebin

Aren't we all kind of stuck here..

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:23 pm

Except for newer members. Most of us have hundreds of photos arranged in galleries already up. People know where to find us.

We're at the mercy of one person who refuses to communicate with us. I personally thinks it s*cks but I don't know what the alternative is.

Maybe someone will make Slug an offer he can't refuse and he'll sell out. That could be worse but it could also mean site stability. And customer service.

Or maybe Pbase could go public and sell shares to its members. Then Slug would be accountable to us. Plus get the cash he needs to hire people and upgrade.

arjunrc

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:17 pm

will renew, unless I finally decide to start my own website.
regds
arjun

wnoble

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:34 pm

Despite it's problems I will renew with PBase. I've looked at other gallery hosts but the facilities on PBase are the best; when they are working! :)

marchael

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:39 pm

Jebka, check out the competition. You'll find it doesn't even compare to PBase in the way of features, ease of use and ability to customize your pages. I agree, PBase has many problems, but HOPEFULLY they'll all be worked out soon enough. I'm not ready to give up just yet.

And yes, I will renew. :)

gary

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:04 pm

Yes I will. The growing pains are no fun, that's for sure. But I still haven't found a site I like better. Heck, I don't even care if they triple the price as long as they can get it working 24/7.

thejerk

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:11 pm

Yes.

rrobin

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:22 pm

Yes.

rileypm

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:34 pm

I can't bring myself to trust any web site for long term storage of memories that I hope to pass along to my children and grandchildren. I, therefore, back up all my original images to both external hard drive and CD. For me, pbase is a place to share and to learn. For those purposes, pbase more than fullfills its requirements. I will continue to renew.

peterwaller

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:50 pm

I've been with pbase just over six months and will definitely renew.

Maybe I've been lucky but so far I've not had any red X problems. The performance at times has been slow but I know they are working on this. The only other problem was not being able to edit the css a few weeks ago. After 3 days I sent an email to the help desk and got a reply from slug later that day with the problem fixed.

Next

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Will You Renew Your PBASE Account?