Board index PBase Questions and Answers all non-direct linked too photos?

Questions and Answers

all non-direct linked too photos?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
suzy_walker

all non-direct linked too photos?

Post Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi

Anyone know how i can see a list of all my photos which have no direct links to them?

many thanks
Suzy

richo

Re: all non-direct linked too photos?

Post Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:43 pm

suzy_walker wrote:Hi

Anyone know how i can see a list of all my photos which have no direct links to them?

many thanks
Suzy

It is easier to find the links to images using something like Google Analytics. But with Google Analytics or by sorting each gallery's hits you could find images with very few hits. These would likely be some of the ones not being directly linked. Google's image search or Google Analytics could be used to verify the image has no direct links. But again finding images that do have direct links is easier. When I see one of my images getting lots of hits I go and use Google Image search and can then usually find who is directly linking to the image and who is using a copy of the imagr. I found one of my images had been uploaded to a stock image site. This image ended up being downloaded from there and used in commercial ads.

suzy_walker

Post Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:01 pm

thanks for the reply. i dont think these would be hit really anyway so im not sure this method would work in my case. I'm trying to find a quick way of identifing which images i used on my blog so i can delete others to save some space. I have many old images which wouldnt likely show up in google anaylitics.

richo

Post Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:04 pm

suzy_walker wrote:thanks for the reply. i dont think these would be hit really anyway so im not sure this method would work in my case. I'm trying to find a quick way of identifing which images i used on my blog so i can delete others to save some space. I have many old images which wouldnt likely show up in google anaylitics.

Suzy,
Any image that displays on a web page using the HTML img tag will generate a hit when someone goes to that page. If the "img" tag SRC attribute links to an image in your Pbase gallery then the hit will be logged at Pbase.

Any image that displays on a web page that is hosted on a site that is crawled and indexed by Google will be located by using the Google Image search option. To search by image go to https://images.google.com/ and click on the "camera" icon. Then enter the link to the image (must be link to actual image not to the image page) or upload the image.

In your case if most of your images that you use in your blog are in one gallery or a small number of galleries then go to those galleries and sort by hits. Then find the images with the smallest number of hits and they would likely be the ones you should check first using the image search.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers all non-direct linked too photos?