Board index PBase Questions and Answers Gallery numbers vs. their names

Questions and Answers

Gallery numbers vs. their names

Ask if you need help using PBase.
bergiesplace

Gallery numbers vs. their names

Post Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:58 pm

I recently moved several galleries around. The system notified me that it had made the moves but identified the moved galleries by their numbers. Is there someplace
I can go to see an equivalency between numbers and names.

akmc_in_au

Re: Gallery numbers vs. their names

Post Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:44 pm

bergiesplace wrote:I recently moved several galleries around. The system notified me that it had made the moves but identified the moved galleries by their numbers. Is there someplace
I can go to see an equivalency between numbers and names.

I don't think that you can do it in the newer "Drag and Drop" view but if you go back to the Classic view you can see them there. So:
- Go to the parent gallery of the ones that you want to see the ID numbers for.
- Up at the top left click on "Edit this gallery" (or "Edit root gallery", if you're in the root gallery).
- What you see next depends on which edit mode you're in. If you're already in full edit mode and scroll down a bit you will see a "Gallery Contents" table. Under the title of each photo and gallery you will see its ID number.
- If you're in Advanced edit mode on the other hand you should see a panel on the left showing a "tree" of your galleries (similar to Windows Explorer) plus a panel on the right showing the tabs "Contents" "Upload", "Gallery Details", etc. At the bottom of the left hand panel there will be a link saying "Original Edit Page". Click on that, and it will return you to the page that I described above where you will be able to see both gallery names and numbers.

bergiesplace

Post Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:56 pm

Thank you for your response. I've just been able to return to this issue. For some reason, no doubt perverse, I am unable to see any gallery numbers on the full edit mode of the root gallery, anywhere on the page. Nor can I see a tree panel on the left in advanced mode. Here's a screen capture from the full edit mode:
http://www.bergiesplace.com/Misc/Gallery%20table

akmc_in_au

Post Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:33 pm

bergiesplace wrote:Thank you for your response. I've just been able to return to this issue. For some reason, no doubt perverse, I am unable to see any gallery numbers on the full edit mode of the root gallery, anywhere on the page. Nor can I see a tree panel on the left in advanced mode. Here's a screen capture from the full edit mode:

I don't know what that screen is, but it's not the one that I was referring to. The relevant part of that page has the heading "Gallery Details".

If you can't see the left panel in the new(ish) editor, make sure that you haven't collapsed it by using the widget shown under the gold circle in this image.

I can't see what the path is on the page that you have displayed, but rather than fluffing around with it I suggest that you just go to the address for the old editor which should be: http://www.pbase.com/edit/YourAccountName/root

(Replace YourAccountName with your actual account name which I imagine is bergiesplace)

richo

Post Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:34 pm

bergiesplace wrote:Thank you for your response. I've just been able to return to this issue. For some reason, no doubt perverse, I am unable to see any gallery numbers on the full edit mode of the root gallery, anywhere on the page. Nor can I see a tree panel on the left in advanced mode. Here's a screen capture from the full edit mode:

When you do a full edit of a gallery, the number should be in (####) right next to the gallery title in bold letters.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Gallery numbers vs. their names