Board index PBase Feature Requests Please add Canon 70-300 IS II USM

Feature Requests

Please add Canon 70-300 IS II USM

Request changes or modifications.
sfbay_sail

Please add Canon 70-300 IS II USM

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:25 am

...and yes, I already posted the request with the support email!
Thanks in advance. We have this quite cute lens for quite a long time already, I am sure a great number of images has been made with it.

sfbay_sail

Re: Please add Canon 70-300 IS II USM

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:09 am

Well, is anyone here on the helm, please? This lens exist since Sep 2016.

dougj

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:44 am

You might try sending the request to: cameras@pbase.com

sfbay_sail

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:13 am

Dear dougj,

but of course I did. More than once. The message here comes because they are deader than Large Cemetery of Chicago. Right now I working with SmugMug on evacuating my photography and comments to them.

Thomas

akmc_in_au

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:11 am

sfbay_sail wrote:Dear dougj,

but of course I did. More than once. The message here comes because they are deader than Large Cemetery of Chicago. Right now I working with SmugMug on evacuating my photography and comments to them.

Thomas

You may want to be aware of one thing before you throw your lot in with the digital grin; the minute your money stops, so do your galleries.

Actually that's not completely true. For about 3 months after I decided to dump SmugMug I got daily e-mails.
"Give us money! Give us money or your galleries get it! We're not kidding! We have a pistol to its head locked and loaded! You'd better pay up!"

Every. Day.

In the end they pulled the trigger but by that point I wanted nothing to do with them anyway so I didn't care. It's not like any FEWER people were going to be seeing them once they were taken down. The only way to get noticed at the Big Green Grin is to get yourself into a clique and play "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" upvoting games. (Or at least it was when I was last there.) It's not like PBase or even Flickr where the front page at least has links to recent galleries; SmugMug's front page is 99% marketing, making sure that the only people inside are those who have parted with the readies.

PBase seems less inclined to dump dormant accounts. With SmugMug the clock starts ticking as soon as your subscription hits zero. I would recommend that if you go there, you make sure that you have a backup plan.

But I will admit, the service there is above average. The site design rather less so. The relentlessness of the pay to play mindset less so still.

I suspect that there is probably no such thing as the perfect photo web site.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Please add Canon 70-300 IS II USM