Board index PBase Show and Tell Beautiful women.

Show and Tell

Beautiful women.

Announce and discuss your photos.
vanderstouw

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:49 am

Ta,

You really do not understand much English, do you? Why don't you just refrain from responding to statements that you do not understand. That is a much safer position. Please don't feel compelled to respond as if the world were eagerly waiting for you. Unless, of course, you can't wait to be labelled as idiot-savant yourself.
Thank you.

Soulis

soulis... you crack me up.

do you think you are really better educated or more intellegent than most of the people on this list?

that is very egoist of you...

camera0bug

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:54 am

For a thread about "beautiful women", you guys are certainly ruining things for other viewers.

Why not just carry on your argument by directly messaging each other instead of using the forums to carry on your verbal attacks.

You're taking the beauty out of life.....

Peace out.

soulis

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:57 am

Last edited by soulis on Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanderstouw

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:34 am

as i said soulis, you crack me up.

ta,

vanderstouw

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:35 am

camerabug,,,

sorry for being caught in the row.

leggings

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:47 am

Yes, my sincere apology, as well.

Ta,
WC Duncan

FYI: Ta has nothing to do with my name. It is a rather common way of closing a conversation. English is such a strange language.

vanderstouw

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:54 am

for my transgressions, i will post a lady pic...

yes, ta is a way of "goodbye"

soulis liked to end his notes that way, so i was replying in kind (sort of an "inappropriate / tongue-in-cheek childish / i should know better than to do" kind of thing)

leggings

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:20 am

Here is one of mine

vanderstouw:

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one once he grows up. - Picasso

There is nothing wrong with being childish.

WC Duncan

vanderstouw

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:42 am

legs,

that shot is fantastic...
looks like it was shot on film.

(what is the bright stripe from?)

leggings

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:52 pm

vanderstouw wrote:legs,

that shot is fantastic...
looks like it was shot on film.

(what is the bright stripe from?)

It is a combination of three overlays with an old Minolta. One is of waterfalls, a backdrop that I had made, and lastly dirt. I took a photo of the ground; you never know when you need these things. So in all there are four photos manipulated together including the woman. The stripe is from a break in the film because I did the backdrop by shooting the roll and then re-photographing it with the model.

More here:

http://www.pbase.com/leggings/manipulated_images

soulis

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:00 pm

Last edited by soulis on Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanderstouw

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:35 pm

soulis...

your sense of irony is poor... you have slayed me with your rapier wit...
the funny thing about all this is, is that it totally cracks me up that you are altogether so serious about all this... from the moment anyone has said anything to you, you have just been swinging your fists around... hoping to hit anyone. personally, i think it is great that you are all upset about this... not that i wish you ill, because i don't, but you are so over the top about it all, it is like you are a total drama queen about it. i never would have thought that anyone took anything this seriously.
i will make sure not to give you any serious photoshop advice, it might put you into cardiac arrest.

maybe you should study some zen koans... it might help put things in perspective.

i thought you said you would never reply to me... really though... i am glad you did.

leggings

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:02 pm

Soulis,

I won’t get into my writing career or anything that I have published or not published but I will tell you about my experiences with art. In school I won a few awards for my work, mostly in painting but I also studied photography. After school I went to a private art university where I also studied painting and photography. There I sold a few prints, had a few exhibits and I also had few works of painting, sculpture and photography in a student museum show. I also developed various ways of processing photographs and worked in a darkroom. I went from there to study at a university where I learned commercial photography but I hated it and took some time off to study literature. I am now a teacher of young children but I am also pursuing a writing and art career.

I am not a professional critic but I do feel that I know a bit about art to give you my unprofessional opinion but I will not give it to you anymore. This is ridiculous and I will not spend any more of my time on this.

BTW: I tried to not sound too ostentatious but those are some of the things I have done in art. I don’t like boasting at all.

Here is a photo to go with the thread:

neovolatile

One of My Few "In the Clear" Shots

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:40 pm

This is titled: Knees Mend But Hearts Sometimes Never

Let us deconstruct the picture and find out what makes it successful, shall we? Why are there over 5400 hits on this non-nude shot? There are no extra links to it.

Hint, I did somethings to this shot that I think helped it.

Challenge: tell me what you think I did. My model Laurelei spotted most of them. Whatelse is there that makes this shot work?

Regards,
Ellsworth Weaver

bobt54

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:55 pm

soulis wrote:Good bye forever.

Soulis

One can only hope. Let me amend my previous post when I say
Don't let the door hit you in your pompous ass.
Last edited by bobt54 on Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Show and Tell Beautiful women.