Board index PBase Show and Tell Beautiful women.

Show and Tell

Beautiful women.

Announce and discuss your photos.
bobt54

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:49 pm

soulis wrote:
bobt54 wrote:I would never compare you to Meade. That would be unfair to Meade.

See ya, Soulis. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

What do you expect from idiot-savants like you!

Soulis

Hmmm... Idiot Savant. I shall have to add that one to the collection of names I have been called on Pbase (yet one more thing you have in common with Meade Skelton)

For all of you who don't know much about us Idiot Savants is while we may have the IQ of a toaster, we are brilliant at math, so here is an equation for you. See if you can follow:

According to Soulis:

bobt54=idiot savant

According to Leggings

idiot savant = Ansel Adams

therefor Ansel Adams = bobt54. I can live with that. :)

neovolatile

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:20 pm

Now if Ansel Adams had a LensBaby and Charlize Theron! Wait a minute! I have a LensBaby. Ansel is dead. Mmmmmmm.

See you guys later,
Ellsworth digging up Charlize number here

leggings

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:24 pm

bob54,

I looked at some of your work, mostly in your favourites, and you are better than Adams. He was a bore, IMO, your work is catching and didn’t make me want to take a nap. The infrared pics were very good and I really like the colourful buildings in Vegas but the kid sticking his head through the hole was very well done.

Ta,

bobt54

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:20 pm

leggings wrote: but the kid sticking his head through the hole was very well done.

Ta,
Not surprised you like that one. Your work with children is excellent.

soulis

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:42 pm

Last edited by soulis on Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leggings

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:21 am

bobt54 wrote:
leggings wrote: but the kid sticking his head through the hole was very well done.

Ta,
Not surprised you like that one. Your work with children is excellent.

Thanks. A compliment coming from someone you respect means a lot.

ta,

leggings

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:55 am

Could we get back to the beautiful women please?

ta,

lysdexia

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:19 am

leggings wrote:Could we get back to the beautiful women please?

ta,

Aye - 8)

original here - http://www.pbase.com/lysdexia/image/48269242/original

vanderstouw

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:41 am

bob, it seems you need to add "aristotle" to your list too. (but when you add it, you need to remember that it needs to be used with a cutting sense of saracasm). i guess you are a philosophical ansel adams :)

well, soulis, i have tried to appeal to your better nature, to no avail...

anyway, to beautiful women! cheers.
(insert sipping cocktail here)

soulis

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:08 am

Last edited by soulis on Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leggings

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:23 am

soulis wrote:
vanderstouw wrote:bob, it seems you need to add "aristotle" to your list too. (but when you add it, you need to remember that it needs to be used with a cutting sense of saracasm). i guess you are a philosophical ansel adams :)

well, soulis, i have tried to appeal to your better nature, to no avail...

Your eagerness to support the weeklings that support your false premises diminishes your potential desire to properly communicate with those that oppose them. Your assumed attempts to appeal to my better nature are nothing less than the consolidation of your efforts with those that entertain their inability to converse in a polite and civilized manner with ridiculing anyone who opposes them. Somehow one has to succumb to your critique, or be subjected to ridicule by idiot-savants who use various names and adjectives in order to lay the foundations of their ignorance for future hopeless chains of events. The facts were very simple and clear, but the state of your ego has not been adequate to comprehend them. I am not subject to YOUR critique, I have given you no license to critique me, and that is my absolute and indispensable right. When you allow people to call me names and attempt to ridicule me for defending my rights, you are placing yourself on their side and, automatically, become incapable of defending yourself any further. In short, you are not appealing to my better nature, you are confirming your alliance with the people that I mentioned above.

Voila!

Soulis

That doesn’t make much sense at all. You need to stop writing while you are angry.

It is not weak to disagree or agree with a philosophy toward photography. I have my own opinions about photography and so does everyone else here. If you want to make photos of women that look like they dropped out of a Disney film that is up to you and your choice. Who cares if you want to perpetuate false beauty? Go right ahead and make your Barbie dolls but don’t get all prissy when someone criticises them.

Ta,

camera0bug

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:25 am

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Behold THIS beauty:

http://www.pbase.com/camera0bug/image/21159194

camera0bug

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:30 am

And while you're quibbling over each other, I'll be gazing at Hannah and
dreaming of the perfect woman...

http://www.pbase.com/camera0bug/image/19405549

soulis

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:44 am

Last edited by soulis on Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanderstouw

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:47 am

soulis....

you make several huge failures in judgement...

you take (apparently) EVERYTHING way to seriously.

you take yourself way to seriously.

you attack everyone under the sun.

you make huge leaps in your "logic" with your attacks on people
you put way to much effort in trying to sound intellegent by stuffing your commentary with as many poly-syllabic words as you can, which everyone understands, but it makes it a pain to wade through your drivel.

you use phrases (like idiot-savant, weaklings) completely inappropriately - if you think that bob is actually an idiot-savant you are sadly mistaken, i can't imagine any psychologist earning a dime studying him, he (while admitedly an aggressive person by nature (at least willing to say things that other people feel but don't say)) is way too normal.

you talk of facts being simple and clear and my state of ego not being adequate (do you know what an ego really is?) are you saying that i am so bold of ego that i am an egoist? or am i so deficient of ego that i have no real sense of esteem and that i should hide from others?

you talk of absolute and indispensable rights... in reality there are no such things.. if you think that people aren't every going to have opinions on things in life, unless you specifically give them permission, then you are sadly mistaken. what do you think this forum is? do you think it is just a place for people to go and get patted on the back? giving someone a suggestion isn't even a critique. people come here because they like photography, want to discuss photography, and want to learn more about photography.

it is amazing that you actually think that there are alliances here... like it is a war zone... no one here knows you or cares a wit about you, no one here knows me or cares a wit about me. they care about discussing photography (though i am sure that this thread (like the one's of meade) crack them up). your incredibly thin-skinned nature makes it hard for them to do that (you can't really have a conversation with someone when you have to feel like you are walking on eggshells so you don't offend them, after all). if you go ballistic like this simply because i made a suggestion (that not one other person on this forum would be upset by (rather the reverse)), people can only imagine what you would be like if they gave you a real critique on something - especially if the committed the ultimate sin by not asking for your express written consent to do so beforehand.

if someone wrote to you in the exact manner of prose you use for others (like your reply to me for example) do you honestly think that you would say "you know, he is completely and totally right!"?

get off your high horse, put down your fife and drum, (insert cheesy saying here), and get over it...

if this is how you act to a bunch of complete strangers, i would hate to see what you are like in real life.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Show and Tell Beautiful women.