Board index PBase Show and Tell Beautiful women.

Show and Tell

Beautiful women.

Announce and discuss your photos.
mdlempert

Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:11 pm

lysdexia

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:29 am

knighty

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:34 am

soulis

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:09 pm

Last edited by soulis on Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minoltaman

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:26 pm

Soulis, I don't want to argue but the number of downloads you have usually does not have anything to do with the quality of pic or the editing. I saw those shots you posted of the celebs seated at promo tables. I was not going to say anything but now I will. The skin for the most part was far to plasticy to seem real. You did do a nice job making the skin so so smooth and leaving the hair somewhat whispy, but the noise reduction was quite noticeable. Many casual viewers do like the creamy plastic skin. I myself do like the creamy look, but when you take all of the normal natural complextion and imperfections out of the pic, and then smooth it into space aged plastic it just does pass for real.

Please don't be offended as Scott was just pointing out that to him, and most likely many others, that the skin was to overdone. It is a matter of personal preference and taste, but you just can't try to pass off plasticy skin as real.

The shots looked like pretty clean shots and but I do agree with him that you could have eased up just a little on the skin smoothing. I certainly did not see any reason why you should remove the pix and your posts however, and I am a bit curious on this. It seems just a bit drastic when someone was offering you there honest opinion. When you post in public you do open yourself up to a little criticism, however constructive it may be. If it were me, I would have asked Scott to take a whack at one of the pix to see what he comes up with. You never know, you may even learn a trick or two from him. In anycase, nothing to get bent over.

Have a nice day.

Cheers
Last edited by minoltaman on Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soulis

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:52 pm

Last edited by soulis on Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bircher

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:33 pm

Soulis,

I hope you understand that Vanderstouw was offering constructive criticism in an effort that we all can be better photographers. I use to post a lot over at Fred Miranda's site (I still do occassionally) and you talk about being shot out of the water. Most of they guys over there are professional photographers and are very direct in their comments, but it has help me become a better photographer. Early on I use to over saturate and over sharpen my photos (I got too Photoshop happy), but I have improved on that. Also, my B&Ws were terrible until I learned about how to utilize the channel mixer in Photoshop from here on a forum in PBase.

As photographers we are always looking for that additional angle, a different perspective, a different utilization of light. That's why I love photography because it forces you to never be stagnant, but rather to grow in understanding and appreciation. I hope you keep posting to this forum.

Sam
http://www.pbase.com/bircher

alex4

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:09 pm

bobt54

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:13 pm

soulis wrote:Thank you, minoltaman. As I said before, no more images of mine in the Forum.

Soulis

Why? I thought they were wonderful. Yes, it was obvious that they were touched up a bit, but I personally liked the look you gave them. I like my fantasy women to be flawless. The one of the soap star "Kendall" was absolutely stunning. You should be proud of them.

I just don't understand why you would pull the images just because someone offered some constructive critique of them.

soulis

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:40 pm

Last edited by soulis on Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.

bobt54

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:59 pm

soulis wrote:Bircher, and everyone else interested:

I am not subject to your criticism, and, let alone, depend on it in any sense.
If I started ctitiquing YOUR images, I would have a full time job 24/7. I like my images the way they are. You don't have a monopoly as to what people should like or dislike. You don't have a monopoly as to what people should do with their images either. My images are by no means perfect, and they are not up here to show off my photographics abilities either. They are here just to share with other people. This is not a photographic exhibit. And I wouldn't even dare have one myself. I am only playing with my photos and have infinite pleasure doing it. As you may have noticed, I have never critiqued anyone's images up here, whatsoever. However, I have decided never to participate with my images in a forum again.
Good luck, and good shooting.

Soulis

Wow! Thin skinned and arrogant in one breath!!!

Wish it were that easy with Meade Skelton.

neovolatile

Comments and Suggestions Welcomed

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:51 pm

Ellsworth Weaver

vernix

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:48 pm

vanderstouw

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:53 pm

soulis...

i am totally and completely surprised by you... it is amazing how angry you seem to be because i made a small comment to a fellow photographer (you)...

i never said that i thought the photos weren't good (which i think they are), i simply intended (which you seem to have totally and completely mistook - saying you would no longer post for instance), to give you a little suggestion that might help you make photos that YOU like better for yourself

i said in the very beginning of my message to you that i thought you did good work... and i do think that. i am a professional photographer... as someone mentioned that people make comments. when i work things up, i personally follow the "leave no trace" style of photoshop - meaning that i like to be able to not have people tell what i have done (obviously things like bluring don't count as you can see it), but i like work that doesn't follow this creedo... many of my favorites that i keep are people that don't follow this rule (neovolatile for one).

i would (and do) hope that whenever i post a picture here on this forum that if someone has something constructive to say about a photo that could help me be better at my post-production work that they do say it.
personally, i say, critique away...

sorry if you feel that i was attacking you (because i wasn't), but it is hard to see why i would have bothered to give you any advice if i thought that all it would be taken for was an attack.

anyway. sorry for the offense, and i will make sure to restrict my interaction to others.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Show and Tell Beautiful women.