Board index PBase Show and Tell Beautiful women.

Show and Tell

Beautiful women.

Announce and discuss your photos.
soulis

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:19 pm

Last edited by soulis on Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanderstouw

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:51 pm

I am sure that you will quickly realize that I do have many images that show that I know much more
than fading a layer to show part of the original image to taste. Which I already did for parts of the
images in question anyway.

i know that you did that... (remember that i can see that kind of thing).

actually, a while a go, i gave your gallery a very serious look...

i never said you weren't capable of doing good photoshop work.
(i especially like
http://www.pbase.com/soulis/image/47843028)

but hey, if you dig what you do, and that's the look you want, then fine.
me, i still like getting advice from people.

moxfactor

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:16 am

vanderstouw wrote:(i especially like
http://www.pbase.com/soulis/image/47843028)

wow, that is a great pic!

thejerk

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:29 am

soulis wrote:... And I am by no means a professional photographer, or artist of any kind. ...></a>

soulis,

I think you under estimate you talents. You are an artist.

Yea, yea, yea - opinions vary but that is mine and I am sticking to it.

Regards Bill :)

bobt54

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:35 am

soulis wrote:Well,

Bobt54 said it all above. Some people like the images, and some not.
Voila! Thank you Bob. I choose not to comment on your statement in the next message.
It is far below my level of intelligence.

Oh, I forgot! For those of you who don't know what we are talking about,
the images of the beautiful women in question can be found over here:

http://www.pbase.com/soulis/images_in_my_memory_2

Over and out.

Soulis

And what level of intelligence throws a temper tantrum like you just did?

vanderstouw did nothing wrong here. He always seems to take the time to provide some insightful comments. No one but you saw them as an attack. (THAT is thin-skinned)

You seem to accept my compliments very easily but no one is allowed to offer critique. (THAT is arrogant).

But fine, go off in a huff and revel in your greatness and wallow in your solitude. When you grow up you can always come back and post here again. We will still be here.

soulis

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:08 am

vernix

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:19 am

soulis wrote:
bobt54 wrote:And what level of intelligence throws a temper tantrum like you just did?

vanderstouw did nothing wrong here. He always seems to take the time to provide some insightful comments. No one but you saw them as an attack. (THAT is thin-skinned)

You seem to accept my compliments very easily but no one is allowed to offer critique. (THAT is arrogant).

But fine, go off in a huff and revel in your greatness and wallow in your solitude. When you grow up you can always come back and post here again. We will still be here.

Bob,

I think that you should stop your naive and childish statements
and start behaving a little more responsibly. It is really ridiculous to claim
that a person saying:

"My images are by no means perfect, and they are not up here to show off
my photographics abilities either. They are here just to share with other people.
This is not a photographic exhibit. And I wouldn't even dare have one myself.
I am only playing with my photos and have infinite pleasure doing it."

is arrogant, etc. Also, telling people to "grow up", because you want to maintain
your ridiculous position, is rather immature behavior. It is also pretty ridiculous
to compare me to that troll. Maybe you should start thinking about growing up a little yourself!

Soulis

Kids,kids.....

"KIDS"...

..go play somewhere else.

vanderstouw

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:42 am

soulis...

look, the reason you seem to be in this row that you are flaming people on the forum...

it all started because i made a suggestion to you that i thought, as a photographer who is obviously trying to be part of a community (here on pbase), you would appreciate, coming from a fellow member of this community -- as just about any member here would. rather than take the suggestion (and choose to use it or not use it), you simply decided to kind of freak out saying "fine, i will simply not post here then!". then when people said "look, he obviously wasn't attacking you, but simply giving helpful advice", you attacked them. i could see sniping if i said something like your photos were crap, but i didn't.

you can't expect that if you are going to post images in a community setting that people aren't going to talk about those images. that's what people do.

as long as you keep calling people arrogant, telling them that if you wanted to you could critique their work 24/7, etc. you are going to get it all right back. it is like getting in a battle with your neighbors - no one wins.

aside from the obvious entertainment value this forum is for people (especially with these kinds of posts flying around), people come here because they want to get something out of being around a bunch of like-minded photographers, and most of them want to learn from these people they are around.

so please; i implore you; stop throwing your fists at people who simply have all of our (including your) best interests in mind.

bobt54

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:17 am

I would never compare you to Meade. That would be unfair to Meade.

See ya, Soulis. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

alex4

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:52 pm

can we go back to posting pictures of beautiful women, please?

bobt54

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:02 pm

Fine with me. Here is a beautiful woman ignoring Soulis. :twisted:

lysdexia

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:06 pm

soulis

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:05 pm

leggings

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:38 pm

soulis wrote:
bobt54 wrote:I would never compare you to Meade. That would be unfair to Meade.

See ya, Soulis. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

What do you expect from idiot-savants like you!

Soulis

There are a lot of people that could be considered savants in one way or another. I do know and understand that you meant that as nothing more than a base sarcastic statement but savantism is truly a fascinating subject. It is where a person, or persons, show skill in only one area and may be deprived in another.

An example of this would be a person who only takes photos of stuff that doesn’t move, like landscapes, I am thinking of A Adams here, and doesn’t broaden their scope. If you can’t figure it out, I don’t like Adams’ work at all. It is too technical and lacks something, IMO. To me it lacks the creative aspect of art. To me it looks too pretty or to real to me, to real to the point of surreal and a sham to truth. I have checked out some of your work and it is creative but the portraits that you posted looked false. It obviously has nothing to do with your skill in photoshop or any other technical aspect. Most celebrities look forged to me anyway.

Beauty can be found in the littlest things. The small of a woman’s back, a mole that diverts the attention just enough to transcend the Barbie look of beauty. Barbie looks are what a lot of people are attracted to but more often than not there is nothing beyond the general beauty. What I am saying is that there is nothing to tell in their face. No love, no hate, no distress, no time, or compassion is shown at all, it is a Cinderella existence in a back alley world.

I wanted to add this quote:
Precision is not reality - Mattisse

Ta,

vanderstouw

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:38 pm

i agree about ansel too...

no matter how good he is, he will never fall into that hero category for me.
technical perfection at the expense of emotion, IMO.

but that is just me... a lot of people dig that ability that he had.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Show and Tell Beautiful women.