Board index PBase Show and Tell 108th Show&Tell Competition: The Winners

Show and Tell

108th Show&Tell Competition: The Winners

Announce and discuss your photos.
jaac

108th Show&Tell Competition: The Winners

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:25 pm

Sorry for the delay :-)
I can't single out anyone for honorable mentions as there would be to many, far far to many excellent images. So i would like
to congratulate everyone who took part for the quality of images, well done all :-) ( Just one mention actually, thanks to rolfes
for the smile his elephant on his lawn gave me, i did ask for imagination :-) )

The winners

3rd Place
Chris Lock
Love the colours in this image, warmth in the sky gently caressing the cold ground. I can really imagine being there and hearing the crows voices echoing over the lake

2nd Place
Terry Bowker
I love old gangster movies and this shot could be straight out of one of them, a truely wonderful, atmospheric image, love to have taken it :-)

1st Place
Tsienni
This shot was the one for me that was going to take some beating. It's like the final scene from a film just before the end titles go up. What is the story of the woman pushing the baby? and what journey has she just been through? An excellent image, another i would have loved to have taken, a beautiful image :-)

Over to you now Tsienni :-)

ralphandkylie

Re: 108th Show&Tell Competition: The Winners

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:33 pm

Good competition. Great winners. Well done jaac. Well done winners. :-)

Ralph

terrybowker

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:06 pm

Congratulations to Tsienni & Chris, and many thanks for 2nd Place! Lots of great shots submitted nice job Jaac!

downsouthstories

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:39 pm

Great competition folks!

The standard was high thoughout and the quality of the top three is outstandin.
Really enjoyed lookin at all yore home town areas.

Mike :)

rolfes

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:24 pm

Thanks for the chuckle. If you can't have fun, why do it? I agree, almost all the entries were spectacular.

mclew

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:00 pm

First of all thanks for the topic... which generated such a wonderful variety of views.

Congrats to the winners, who made the ordinary seem quite special in their shots.

Margaret

posiej

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:53 am

I have enjoyed all entries and would like to give my sincere Congratulations to the first, second and third place winner. All of your works are inspiring!

christophertravels

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:06 am

Thank-you for the third place finish - it's quite flattering. I took the photo just a couple of days before Christmas. We have had more than our normal snowfall, about 100 cm in three weeks - a lot for Vancouver. I had intended to walk to my local lake at sunset to photograph the setting sun, but it took longer than expected to get there because I had to walk over some impressive snow drifts. I got to my favorite spot a couple of minutes after the sun had fallen below the horizon, but still enough light in the sky for this photo. I was only able to manage a couple more photos before I lost all light.

cits_4_pets

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:47 am

Congrats to the top 3. All very nice images and can see why they were chosen.
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

tsienni

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:53 pm

Thanks a lot, Jaac, for your organization of last week's Show&Tell photo challenge. I, too, feel flattered by your pick. :) Cheers to other Pbasers who made the equally good contributions to the theme. I'm also grateful to Terry for the comment he left on my photo - thanks for this notification of the result.

I'll start thinking of a suitable topic for the next round. Currently I'm on the travel, I'll try my best to open the new thread by tomorrow.

/tsienni

Board index PBase Show and Tell 108th Show&Tell Competition: The Winners