Board index PBase Show and Tell 186th Show & Tell Competition: If Only - WINNER

Show and Tell

186th Show & Tell Competition: If Only - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
pavona

kzaret

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:53 pm

About 36 hours after I posted this competition, I thought of a better theme. =P Looks like I'll have to win again sometime soon to do that one. That said, there were some great entries, and I hope everyone had fun fitting their shots into the idea.

First, some Honorables:
This was the strongest of the three of your shots, but didn't show the theme as well as the other two.

I love seeing snow like this. But I hate the cold, and always think the same thing: If only it were spring.

Great perspective, unusual "angle".... being inside the fridge. =) Of beer. =) But what's wrong with PBR?! :lol:

Cats are fun and playful and this image fit well... was just edged out by the following four.

4th Place- Gill, great shot. You'd think this seagull was literally on top of K2, not on some dried wood on the beach.

3rd Place- Spots, this is a greeeeaaattt shot. Such epic scale, the composition is superb.

2nd Place- Brad, this was a strong one. It was a tough call between this and Ken's. I've taken a similar one to yours, so I know what went into it. Great job!

Winner- Ken, when I read your caption, this photo leaped out at me. You can look right at the guy and FEEL his confusion. Perfect capture or such a raw expression. Congrats! Now you get the unenviable job of selecting the new theme!!!

terrybowker

Re: 186th Show & Tell Competition: If Only - WINNER

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:01 am

Congratulations Ken and congratulations to all of the other winners!! Looking forward to the next contest!!!

gillk

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:56 am

Congratulations Ken - and a BIG thanks Chris for the 4th place - nice topic for a competition - looking forward to your next win to see what the next idea is ???
Gill

davidm2

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Congrats Ken!

bclaypole

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:41 pm

Thanks for 2nd place. Interesting topic with a lot of interpretations.

grompem

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Yeah Ken!!!!!!!!!!

kzaret

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Dear Chris:

Thanks very much for the honor! There were a lot of excellent entries and it was interesting to see how the captions played into the interpretation.

Okay, gotta put my thinking cap on! Back to you all soon.

kz

Board index PBase Show and Tell 186th Show & Tell Competition: If Only - WINNER