Board index PBase Show and Tell 328th Show & Tell Competition: Depth of Field - WINNER

Show and Tell

328th Show & Tell Competition: Depth of Field - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
cbladon

Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:58 am

Thank you all for your varied and interesting entries. I have managed to narrow down the photos to the following which I feel best fulfil what I was looking for.

HM's

I like how the elements in this scene combine to portray the image of a lazy summer day in grand surroundings

Excellent composition and the use of b&w draws the viewer in, making them want to know what everyone is looking at

Fantastic symmetry and perfectly focused

Third Place

A stunning action shot Brad, I love how the neon lights in the background add a sense of drama and colour to the scene. It encapsulates everything that we love about sport - tension, drama, competition and colour.

Second Place

Another excellent series of entries Vijay. I love how they combine to portray the surroundings of such a beautiful place. Had the gentleman here been a little more separated from the bg it might just have won! That's being incredibly picky though (and might be nonsense anyway!) Beautiful shot, well done.

First Place

Perhaps the simplest composition, but as you can see that is no bad thing! It's amazing how often the fewer elements there are the better the photo. The focal length, composition, timing and even her expression are absolutely perfect. This is such a great example of what I was looking for - a blurred background bringing to life a shot. Imagine how different it would have been had you replaced her enchanted face with a generic grassy background. Well done Erich!

erichmangl

Re: 328th Show & Tell Competition: Depth of Field - WINNER

Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:26 am

thank you!

emailed emily that second place should start the next contest, i have no time this week

ddecroix

Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:16 pm

Thank you so much for the HM!!
Congratulations to the winners.

vj4000

Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:28 pm

Thanks for the second place and congratulations to all winners and participants for some fabulous entries and a great topic.
I am unavailable this week also due to some unexpected reasons and will not be able to host the next competition.

Vijay

fishit

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:08 am

erichmangl wrote:thank you!

emailed emily that second place should start the next contest, i have no time this week

Then why did you enter?
If you do not have time to commit to judging you should not be entering, your name should be removed as winner.
Second place winner's inserted to replace your name, why do people enter this contest if they can honor the commitment?

erichmangl

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:16 pm

fishit wrote:
erichmangl wrote:thank you!

Then why did you enter?
If you do not have time to commit to judging you should not be entering, your name should be removed as winner.
Second place winner's inserted to replace your name, why do people enter this contest if they can honor the commitment?

how about you get a life, fishbrain?
nobody voted for you as forum-police - stick to your beloved genghis45 threads but leave normal people alone

you won't believe it but not everyone lives in this forum and nobody will ask you if it's okay to go to vacations from one day to the other

now go back into your bowl and blow bubbles there, not here

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:08 pm

I have emailed Brad Claypole, the third place winner. Hopefully, he will be available to take over and we can get the next competition started soon.
-Emily

sandiwhi

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:31 pm

Thanks for the HM Chris! Enjoyed everyone's entries. Congrats to all the winners!

bclaypole

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:32 pm

I will get the new contest up and running tonight.

Cheers

Brad

Board index PBase Show and Tell 328th Show & Tell Competition: Depth of Field - WINNER