Board index PBase PaD Discussion Hi! :) and a couple of questions....

PaD Discussion

Hi! :) and a couple of questions....

discuss photo-a-day projects
kath_fraser_1329

Hi! :) and a couple of questions....

Post Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:36 am

Hi there everyone! :D
My name is Kath and you can find my work at http://www.pbase.com/kath_fraser_1329
I just joined PaD yesterday (2nd April) and I have a couple of questions....
1 - Are there guidelines each day/week/month as to what we should be shooting?(or do we just do our own thing?)
2 - Do we have to create a montage at the end of each month?(Ive no idea how!!)
3- Do we have to keep up with PaD forums?(Im really bad at keeping up with forums :oops: )
Im sure I have more questions..... but cant think of them at the moment!
Any help will be much appreciated!
Kath

mox

Re: Hi! :) and a couple of questions....

Post Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:43 pm

Hi Kath!
I've been around for about three months, and I'll take a crack at your questions. I don't like "rule book" mentality, so I take great joy in telling you that PaD is about as free as it gets!

No guidelines. Sometimes someone will start a theme, and it will take off. In Feb we had "black and white" week and it was completely voluntary. Many people got into it, but others didnt.

Montage is very cool but not necessary! I'm still trying to figure out how to do it in PhotoShop. What I've been doing is moving my months work to a gallery of its own to archive. That keeps my PaD gallery, the one that is linked to Slug's meta-gallery slim and trim, and when people come in they are not overwhelmed. That's where my pics get the most exposure. But lots of people do their own thing with it.

And on the forums....I'm terrible at it too. No requirements to keep up. It's fun though. This is a good way to connect with people and to get good feedback on your work.

Basically there are no policeman wannabees in PaD. If there were I wouldn't stick around, because nothing worse than an Internet Cop who thinks they make and or enforce the rules. LOL

The only "rule" I know of is that Slug asks us not to "speed post" and hog exposure in the Meta Gallery. That is certainly reasonable. That's the only "rule" that I know of. I would assume that PaD is more or less a "self policing" community and any real problem would be taken care of ad hoc.

You do your thing and have a great time Kath! PaD is addictive and a wonderful outlet. I'm putting you in my "favorites" list now so I can keep an eye on your work.

Mark

kath_fraser_1329 wrote:Hi there everyone! :D
My name is Kath and you can find my work at http://www.pbase.com/kath_fraser_1329
I just joined PaD yesterday (2nd April) and I have a couple of questions....
1 - Are there guidelines each day/week/month as to what we should be shooting?(or do we just do our own thing?)
2 - Do we have to create a montage at the end of each month?(Ive no idea how!!)
3- Do we have to keep up with PaD forums?(Im really bad at keeping up with forums :oops: )
Im sure I have more questions..... but cant think of them at the moment!
Any help will be much appreciated!
Kath
Visit Mark Jones' Galleries
Nikon Coolpix3100 since May 03
Nikon FG since 1985
http://www.pbase.com/mox

isshinryu_mom

Post Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:29 pm

Mark answered well; I'm just stopping by to say welcome! :) One of the things I truly enjoy the most about PADing is the great variety of ways people do their PADs.

clickaway

Post Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:27 pm

Yes, welcome, Kath.

I hope that doing the PAD project will mean that you will make new friends, not only in cyberspace but hopefully by phone and in person possibly.

That's what I like about this so much.

Have a blast,
Ray from England.

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Hi! :) and a couple of questions....