Weekly Challenge: "Five Ways to Kick-Start your Photography"
.Go back to basics with your photography and show us an image taken with the following limitations.
1. Fixed focal length - Either use a prime lens (preferably 50mm) or use a zoom lens at one end of the zoom.
2. 1 Roll Rule - Compose your image shot carefully, thinking out the composition, subject, focal point, perspective, framing, background, etc.
3. No Live Preview or Review - Everything should be composed through the viewfinder.
4. Manual focus - Use manual focus only.
5. One aperture - Use one aperture only. We have a tendency to shoot with lenses open too often. Try to limit yourself to f/5.6, f/8 or f/11.
We tried this experiment with our local photo group last Sunday, and it was quite popular. That is why we're presenting it as a Weekly Challenge.
Here is a link to the group photo shoot: http://www.meetup.com/pacificphoto/events/38983282/A few simple rules:1. Themes are posted on Fridays to give you the weekend to come up with a FRESH shot for the challenge to post through Monday.
2. This is about interaction, learning, being challenged and having fun so... HAVE FUN!
3. The themes are specific but interpretations are broad. Stay on theme but PLEASE feel free to think outside the box.
4. Look at others' submissions, comment as moved to do so and offer supportive and constructive feedback. Please don't just post for exposure. Look and at least comment on some.
5. Did we already mention: HAVE FUN!!!
Walter (for Scott and Walter)