Board index PBase Show and Tell Tips for Using Photoshop Creatively

Show and Tell

Tips for Using Photoshop Creatively

Announce and discuss your photos.
minoltaman

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:02 pm

My two original questions that started the idoit flaming festival.

You have any noise reduction tips? I am most interested in eliminating shadow noise inherrent in small sensor digicams. Without long tedious masking steps if possible and without smashing the details.

Also....what is you best method to combat toothcombing on 8 bit images?

For gosh sake....

minoltaman

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:03 pm

One more question.

What do you feel are the best interpolation alogrythems going today for resampling images up and down? Any preferences for different sorts of images?

That was my other question.....then attacked by members of inno with no accounte here and no posts. HAHAHAHAHA :!: :!: :!: :!: and chambers.

And PHyllis said they don't have time for this...ANOTHER LIE.

minoltaman

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:06 pm

Wow!!...please...come beat me with a stick for asking those very GOOD questions. Beat me some more, please, please, please...I beg of you! :!: :!: Bring in some more inno members to smash, trash and bash..please, pretty please. None of you fight facts with facts. You have proved that time after time after time after time. Today is no different.

jchambers

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:14 pm

minoltaman wrote:Wow!!...please...come beat me with a stick for asking those very GOOD questions. Beat me some more, please, please, please...I beg of you! :!: :!: Bring in some more inno members to smash, trash and bash..please, pretty please. None of you fight facts with facts. You have proved that time after time after time after time. Today is no different.

hehe :lol:

what about dpreview members Don, there's a lot in that forum as well that has a lot to say about your attitude, what with the multiple bannings you endured as a result. Has Phil banned your I.P address now, or have you just given up changing names?

minoltaman

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:24 pm

Name them joker. Show me some threads joker. Go back to wherever you came from. You have no clue what you are talking about. I have TONS of friends at dpr. From pro to hack. Get a clue joker.

Time for the fat lady to sing. You do not know how to act in a forum. You are the worst type of troll. Now for the fat lady.

minoltaman

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:29 pm

Back to the topic of the thread. PHOTOSHOP

My questions again. You flamers just don't get it. Get off the personal attacks and stick to the topic of the threads. Thank you. Ny questions for the fourth or fith time.

You have any noise reduction tips? I am most interested in eliminating shadow noise inherrent in small sensor digicams. Without long tedious masking steps if possible and without smashing the details.

Also....what is you best method to combat toothcombing on 8 bit images?

and

What do you feel are the best interpolation alogrythems going today for resampling images up and down? Any preferences for different sorts of images?

Thank you.

jchambers

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:14 pm

minoltaman wrote:Name them joker. Show me some threads joker. Go back to wherever you came from. You have no clue what you are talking about. I have TONS of friends at dpr. From pro to hack. Get a clue joker.

Time for the fat lady to sing. You do not know how to act in a forum. You are the worst type of troll. Now for the fat lady.

Don, please, I was hoping you wouldn't have to.... OK, here goes. And it's a good start don't you think...

All these are quotes from one thread (http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1024&message=4910764

Barry L: "Melanie, you were too forgiving and hopeful. It seems that Don returned to his old tricks and bad behaviour very quickly. We haven't seen Don Northup on the forum for several days now. I was hoping that Phil banned him again as we don't need obnoxious, malicious, schitzophrenic, ignorant behaviour on the forum making life miserable for those that spend their time helping out others. I thought he may have been away for the holiday and simply not posting but I saw him posting today on another forum. You know he couldn't stay away from taunting and baiting the members of this forum so I can only conclude that Phil banned him again. Yay Phil! Thank you."

Minolta_Man (A different one ;O) ) "I was not going to respond again while FISHBOY uses this and the other Minolta Forum.
As you support my ideas aboout the Idiot, Guru, Minoltaman, Don, Don Northup, Parker North, ETC, Thank you very much.
He spoils ever forum he goes on and claims he has never been banned. What a liar he is.
Please Forum uses, ignore Don Northup and his next Alias otherwise the forum will goe to the pack.
Woody"

Mike Gallagher "Very astute observation. People are finally beginning to grasp the obvious. And Melanie is correct. Don Northup will return, using another alias. I just wish when he returns, people would quit turning the other cheek, and refrain from responding to, and communicating with this guy. Its the only way that he will go away permanently." and "Like you, when Don first appeared (many months ago) I first thought he was either a mischievous teenager or college student with too much time on his hands. Actually he is 56 years old. Despite his bad spelling (probably intentional) he actually is very smart - to the point of being scary. He is either retired, or unemployed, and is a 24/7 kind of guy who appears to never sleep.

The thing people don't seem to grasp, even the one's that like his sick wit, rude flaming, and prolific posting, is that Don picked out this one forum from all other's on DPRview, because the character and makeup of the people who contribute and use it, are most vulnerable to what his real aim is. Don is hellbent on one thing and one thing only, and that is taking over, and destroying this forum. That is his mindset and goal, make no mistake about it. So when he returns, I sincerely hope people this time will refrain from feeding him. If not, well then we deserve to reap what we sow and will only have ourselves to blame. Nuff said."

Here's a massive one about Don, so I'll just post the link: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1024&message=4912672

Jack D "....just like when we had a big discussion about him after first petteri's departure (thanks god he's back)? if you have event slight suspition that this can be him, just simply ignore him. DO NOT ANSWER. do not take bait trying comment his picture of fish or cat...... just simply do not answer. i'm even not to sure that all his posted pics are really his. but it doesn't matter. and if any of us will recgnize him (he has specific style), please post message: "our troll's back - this is new name: xxxxx". and ignore him.....

we can't expect that our moderator will loook here all the time, will spot him right away and will kick his a..s from here...."

Bill HansenII ""Parker North" has finally done me the great service of allowing me to skip any thread which bears his name as the primary sender. Thank you "Parker"! - Bill Hansen"

Don... do you want me to go on? You were banned from that forum so many times it's breathtaking. I mean Phil is a legend in digital photo circles. To get banned by Phil once is pretty tough, but an I.P. ban????

That wasn't the only thread dedicated to you there. I could go on (and why not, I will for a bit)

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1024&message=4374729
Shebalso "I will stop my comments, but I will lurk in the background and laugh at your stupid comments each time they come up. As you type, then listen intensively, you will hear my laughing."

Léon van den broek "Well, with 60 posts a day on average, the MPS Troll collective has to lose track once in a while :=))"

Don, need I go further. You said "Name them joker". I did. You said "Show me the threads", I did. YOu said "Go back to wherever you came from", I've been here longer than you matie.

minoltaman

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:22 pm

You are an IDIOT. I am thinking about suing this guy for SLANDER!!!! You are so stupid.
Mike Gallagher "Very astute observation. People are finally beginning to grasp the obvious. And Melanie is correct. Don Northup will return, using another alias. I just wish when he returns, people would quit turning the other cheek, and refrain from responding to, and communicating with this guy. Its the only way that he will go away permanently." and "Like you, when Don first appeared (many months ago) I first thought he was either a mischievous teenager or college student with too much time on his hands. Actually he is 56 years old. Despite his bad spelling (probably intentional) he actually is very smart - to the point of being scary. He is either retired, or unemployed, and is a 24/7 kind of guy who appears to never sleep.

Ah...this is th guy that accused me if STEALING MY OWN FISH PICTURES!!!! You moron. I am not 56 years old.

This guy is a pile on flaming troll as well from austrailia I can show you at least 20-30 falming posts like yours. His name is John, Shebalso, Sheeba, Woody. You are so stupid.

Minolta_Man (A different one ;O) ) "I was not going to respond again while FISHBOY uses this and the other Minolta Forum.
As you support my ideas aboout the Idiot, Guru, Minoltaman, Don, Don Northup, Parker North, ETC, Thank you very much.
He spoils ever forum he goes on and claims he has never been banned. What a liar he is.
Please Forum uses, ignore Don Northup and his next Alias otherwise the forum will goe to the pack.
Woody"

You are a fool these peole flamed me saying I did not own a minolta and stole my own pics. You are so stupid.

I'll be back.

Edit:added text mistakenly added to another thread.

You shouls have posted a link to the entire thread you moron. Whera I am talking to my friend/upstanding forum members and was so rudely interrupted by trolls like you.

Here is the link.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read. ... ge=4837068

BTW....the other people in the thread IAM3D, Daniella, and Plamen still participate at dpr you fool. Daniella one of the best and most popular there. I prefer talking nudes with her instead of flame with you idiots...read the thread to LEARN!

Plamen lead the enthusiam charge and IAM3D is forum ambassaddor. You ARE a fool.

Go ask them who the trolls and liars were. C'mon...I beg of ya....

I posted 5000-10000 times on the net. I have ran across a lot of liars and fools in my day. That is for sure.
Last edited by minoltaman on Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minoltaman

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:25 pm

You are so stupid. You asked me why I was banned before you idiot. This was my reply.

Anyone can go read gakllaghers and woody/shebalso/minolta_man/Johns post and see they are idiot flamers like yourself.

You are so stupid. You asked me why I was banned before you idiot. This was my reply.

Some of dpr's most popular people have been banned THREE times and still participate. I choose not to as to many rookies there for me these days anyways. it was a good place for new Minolta owners to exchange tips and meet some peeps. The Minolta forum was the best at one time.

YUP....I am the guru himself.

Let me tell you how and then you can read the posts to verify as they are still on the board.

It's like this...

1. I did'nt post picks to the net then. I just talked tech stuff as that is what i am by trade a tech and consumer elec guy. Very well trained and experienced.

2. A couple flamers came along one day and said I don't ecven own a Minolta. I was just an imposter pretending I had a camera.

3. I fought off stupid flamer for a month that were attacking me while I was correcting someone for posting incorrect technical information on the boards.

4. Time went by and I made some great friends, Plamen, IAM3D, Daniella and many, many others.

5. One day Johna Farrar asked me to post a fish pic thread. I told him you post it. I will just draw flamers and I had not yet decided to post any pics to the net. Most knew me but a few trolls still thought I was an imposter.

6. Anyway...I posted the fish pix. I have tens of thousands of them as I have been a breeder for almost 13 years or so. I have stocking levels of around 1000 fish always.

7) Some idiot uniformed flamer said ""that ain't his pick" uhhhh....excuse me!!!! That be my pic. I'm like whats up wit you? Tnere like you stole the pic. the sigs on it still. Geeeeshhhh.

The punk had never seen anyone put their sig on a pic before. My pic said fishboy images. That be me. Always was, always will be. He flamed on saying their is a fishboy website and it was their pick Geeesh... What a complete moron.

Duuuhhh...I own more fish pics than anyone else in the land. thats me fishboy(not the net guy that sells jackets and crap). Ask Phyllis or anyone else. Anyway the dumb moron picked up another attacker and persisted at trying to ruin my reputation.

I defended myself with the facts but I did not have my big pbase account at the time I only uploade pics to some personal space and kept them hid.

I have a different style shooting african cichlids than anyone else and I wanted to protect that for a while. So I did not make this huge gallery until after I was gone from dpr.

Anyway in the middle of defending me and my own pick and watching them try to ruin my rep with newbies all of the sudden...booom banned. With no pics at any on-line galleries how was Phil to know.

A couple people stood up for me then when they continued to try and slam me when I was gone.

Thats it...read my final threads there. you will see. I was defending my own pic from some idiots saying I stole it.

That was one time. The other is just as bad.

jchambers

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:31 pm

comeon Don, you asked me to provide quotes and links.

That's what I did.

Now you can't be serious that Phil banned you so many times because someone else "stole" your fish photo's.

Now, the way you speak of some people here, I just can't believe you.

sorry.

Oh, were you talking about sueing little old me?

minoltaman

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:36 pm

You are so stupid. Here is another post from dpr I can get thousands more.
Minolta Talk
Subject Parker, WTF did you DO to this guy?
Posted by Iam3D [CLICK FOR PROFILE]
Date/Time 7:10:42 PM, Thursday, April 10, 2003

man...... he's stalking you from forum to forum......what did you do?????? sleep with his wife? pi*s in his Wheaties? man.... i would be careful, he's dillusional, he has people e-mailing him to fight their battles...... wow, a new superhero fighting injustice for the little people

ya know Woody (is that what you walk around with for Parker all day, or your name?) you should consider this, 1) the only time I see YOU is when "whoever he is" post's..... and your posts are always inflammatory 2) "Free Clinic Dude".... get some help, your anger is all consuming from the looks of it. you say, and i quote "You have put me off forums that is why I do not participate anymore. I just look out to see how you are going and that you are in good health." do us a favor and follow your own words, please do not participate any more, its ok to check on his health though..... just chill and relax..... you look better when you smile

This was the pic he emgbedded in the thread. You are so stupid.

You are a troll just liek woody and the others...look at ya.

I catch liars and then they are after me for life i guess. :roll:

minoltaman

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:37 pm

These are the type of people after me now, the uniformed, uneducated and the people that have not a clue. :!: :!: :!: :!:

jchambers

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:43 pm

@ Don,

Did you just say I am also a "Liar" ?

Please, show me where I lied? I am keen to know.

Oh, and were you referring to sueing me, or one of your dpreview friends?

And Don, the day you realise that not everyone is always after you, is the day you will take good photo's (which you already do) and be a nice all around sort of bloke as well. (Of which you could improve on)

@Phyllis. I am so sorry that this otherwise excellent thread ended like this. I am partially to blame, I admit, for answered back Don's rants. But I just can't help it. I hope you and all the other forumers that were enjoying this thread with all the Photoshop tips can forgive me.

minoltaman

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:04 pm

Talk
Subject Re: Fish images anyone???
Posted by Woody Point [CLICK FOR PROFILE]
Date/Time 5:27:34 AM, Wednesday, February 26, 2003

Good question David.

If not for courtesy, I would copy one on Minolta Man's thread accross from Bryans site which explains why he will not post or email photos. He wants money for them. He will get some from here, print the good ones and try to selll. Apparently, his are not very good.

mufi wrote:
> Why do you want them anyway?.
> David.

Complete freaking slanderous hogwash. Everyone, every where knows that.

BTW..I just got an offer to join the cannon 10D user group at yahoo and I have never owned a cannon or a dslr. I also get offers to join photo sites at least once a week. And at least one person every couple weeks wanting to use my photos in publications. Get off me. OK

This is the type of flame I was having to fight off from trolls liek the ones flaming me here. One starts and some just pile -on not knowing what is what or who is who. It hjust happens. Once again, this is the type of posts I was having to deal with.

minoltaman

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:08 pm

Minolta Talk
Subject Re: Fish images anyone???
Posted by Woody Point [CLICK FOR PROFILE]
Date/Time 5:21:35 AM, Wednesday, February 26, 2003

You still talk rubbish. You really do not understand what trolling is all about. You are now trolling for fish photos so you can pirate.

Here is another one from your woody/sheba/shebalso/john/woody point/ minolta_man.....btw he stole that name from me but he could not hget the treal one . It's still MINE.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Show and Tell Tips for Using Photoshop Creatively