Board index PBase Questions and Answers Voting & popular images – for your information

Questions and Answers

Voting & popular images – for your information

Ask if you need help using PBase.
reflectionsbyruth

Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:56 am

LOL, I just realized you created a separate account called me2pls :lol:

waqas

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:14 am

Nice work, John!!

But I can't find my name listed there (neither first+last name nor by pbase login name, which is my first name). I believe I'd have gotten at least one or two votes to get included in the list :)

earthling

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:27 am

Waqas,

I’m not counting votes cast; I’m analysing PBase’s three popular image tables. There is a difference. To be included in a popular image table, an image needs at least:
- 1 vote in the past 7 days or
- 3 votes in the past 90 days or
- 5 votes since the dawn of time.

So you may have had lots of votes previously but still not fit PBase’s time-based parameters.

regards,

John H

NB: See where your hits are counted: http://www.pbase.com/image/56232461 :wink:

reflectionsbyruth

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:46 am

I forget, did I already put in a request for you to add me?
I forget how it works now :lol:

earthling

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:47 am

Ruth,

Opt-in is no longer necessary. Drill-down is provided for every Account appearing in the Popular Images "charts".

Just go to: http://homepages.tesco.net/jjh/PBase_popular_images/

regards,

John H

andrys

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:14 am

earthling wrote:Ruth,

Opt-in is no longer necessary. Drill-down is provided for every Account appearing in the Popular Images "charts".

Just go to: http://homepages.tesco.net/jjh/PBase_popular_images/

regards,

John H

Thanks for your good work on this, John.

carpman1962

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:59 am

This is great work John. as others have said, thanks so much for all of your hard work.

I just looked and my names on the list. I don't care how many have more votes than me right now, i've only just started photography and i'm on the list, i'm on the list !!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

brandyplusbcs

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:58 pm

I've noticed that an individual can only have 3 images on the 7 day count. The ones on the list that show more than 3 are actually 2 people with the same name.

earthling

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:45 pm

Joy,

Consolidation hinges on the account name. Two or more accounts sharing the same name will be reported as one. That’s a “featureâ€

earthling

Post Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:13 am

The stats now include Popular Galleries too.

bmacdougall

re- stats

Post Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:02 pm

:D This is a great feature, but it still doesn't let the user know if they made Popular Gallery. The only way I found out is someone leaving me a comment that I was there. It would be nice if Pbase let me know, maybe using my message box.
I did however place your hard work in my favs.
Thanks!

purpod

Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:34 pm

Very cool ~ my images don't have a zillion votes, but I appreciate this lil' perk! Thanx :D Purpod

brandyplusbcs

Post Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:25 am

Thanks for the work you've done and for adding the galleries.

darter02

Post Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:41 pm

Question. on my page there http://homepages.tesco.net/jjh/PBase_popular_images/images/Ron%20Lutz%20II.htm I see some minus signs. What do they mean???
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

earthling

Post Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:00 pm

Ron,

In their Popular Image pages, PBase append the number of votes to the image title. When no title is present, they place a minus sign before the number of votes.

As to its meaning, your guess is as good as mine!

UPDATE: 1st October Apologies Ron - I mis-diagnosed the problem. It was a fault of mine, not PBase's. Its fixed now.
Last edited by earthling on Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Voting & popular images – for your information