Board index PBase Show and Tell Formula 1 - Monaco trip

Show and Tell

Formula 1 - Monaco trip

Announce and discuss your photos.
agroni

Formula 1 - Monaco trip

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:07 am

I attended the GP race in Monaco last weekend. I did photos of only the race.
So if there is someone interested in F1, you are more than welcomed to visit the gallery and to see the photos. The photos are nothing special but if you are a F1 fan you will understand the importance of these pics ;)

I will update the gallery with some more pics after i process them (there are quite some!). You can find it here:
FORMULA 1 - MONACO GP

Here are some photos:

genghis45

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:56 am

Only McLaren team orders prevented Lewis Hamilton from garnering his first win.

ivinghoe

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:27 am

and their tactics....

I did enjoy seeing the GP2 races on satellite tho
Interesting series of photos
Al

agroni

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:14 pm

genghis45 wrote:Only McLaren team orders prevented Lewis Hamilton from garnering his first win.

It seemed after the race it was like you say. But after the investigation of the F1 commission, they found nothing wrong in the radio communication of the McLaren Team that they broke the rules of F1. So Actually Alonso deserved the trophy. But also Hamilton was very good in Monaco, but as we all know, this is a very difficult track when we speak about overtaking another car. So finishing 2nd is very good :)

genghis45

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:54 pm

agroni wrote:
genghis45 wrote:Only McLaren team orders prevented Lewis Hamilton from garnering his first win.

It seemed after the race it was like you say. But after the investigation of the F1 commission, they found nothing wrong in the radio communication of the McLaren Team that they broke the rules of F1. So Actually Alonso deserved the trophy. But also Hamilton was very good in Monaco, but as we all know, this is a very difficult track when we speak about overtaking another car. So finishing 2nd is very good :)

Very diificult to pass at Monaco, indeed. I used to love to watch Ayrton Senna and JPM run on that great track. I do still think there were team orders though, even though the commission may have not found any illegality in the strategy. Check out this link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story/6878098

carinoza

Formula 1 - Monaco Trip

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:40 am

Here's a birds' eye view part of the racing track (see bottom right corner) back in 2005...

http://www.pbase.com/carinoza

gemmf

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:01 am

It was a team strategy and very fair one, and I don't think it should've been even investigated. And this comes from a Ferrari fan. :wink:

genghis45

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:05 am

gemmf wrote:

It was a team strategy and very fair one, and I don't think it should've been even investigated. And this comes from a Ferrari fan. :wink:

Yes, team orders are common and considered acceptable in F1. Michael certainly had his share on controversy with team orders from Ferrari. I personally find the practice distateful.

BTW, do yho think Raikkonen's in hot water? He's having a terrible year.

agroni

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:31 pm

I was always for Kimi, but this season is going somehow bad for him.
In Monaco Ferrari experienced problems with braking since it is track where the brakes are extremely used during the race. This cause his bad qualification in Saturday.

We still have more than have half of the seasons racing to go and Kimi is only 15 points behind Alonso. If in the next two or three next races he does not improve, than he wont get far since Hamilton is showing power and also Massa is kicking the machine.

Kimi entering the box:

gemmf

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:08 pm

genghis45 wrote:

I wouldn't call it terrible. I think he was doing fine up till Monaco (it was an electrical problem in Spain) with 1 victory and 2 podiums. But now Massa has picked it up, so he'll have to work harder, I think. Maybe a presence of Michael in the garage is causing a bit of distraction? You never know. It's certainly looks like it's helping Massa.

genghis45

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:03 pm

gemmf wrote:
genghis45 wrote:

I wouldn't call it terrible. I think he was doing fine up till Monaco (it was an electrical problem in Spain) with 1 victory and 2 podiums. But now Massa has picked it up, so he'll have to work harder, I think. Maybe a presence of Michael in the garage is causing a bit of distraction? You never know. It's certainly looks like it's helping Massa.

As you probably know, Raikkonen hates to test drive to improve the cars. I think Michael's going to volunteer to test drive the cars. That will help.

genghis45

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:06 pm

agroni wrote:I was always for Kimi, but this season is going somehow bad for him.
In Monaco Ferrari experienced problems with braking since it is track where the brakes are extremely used during the race. This cause his bad qualification in Saturday.

We still have more than have half of the seasons racing to go and Kimi is only 15 points behind Alonso. If in the next two or three next races he does not improve, than he wont get far since Hamilton is showing power and also Massa is kicking the machine.

Kimi entering the box:

[url=http://www.pbase.com/agroni/image/79805540][img]

http://www.pbase.com/agroni/image/79805540/medium.jpg[/img][/url]

The real star of F1 this year of course, is Hamilton. That kid is amazing. He has done for F1 PR wise, what Danica has done for Indycar. I bet he wins the championship.

gemmf

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:21 pm

genghis45 wrote:The real star of F1 this year of course, is Hamilton. That kid is amazing. He has done for F1 PR wise, what Danica has done for Indycar. I bet he wins the championship.

Yes, he's very talented and I really like him. He looks like a nice guy too. I'm not sure how he's treated over in the USA, but the media's gone totally Hamilton-crazy here in the UK, and it's unbearable for true F1 fans. F1 coverage starts with Hamilton this and that, news reports are only about Hamilton, and it's the British media who was unhappy about Monaco GP as 'they believe' he was robbed of his first F1 victory. They are already showing Lewis Hamilton Special next Saturday instead of showing live qualifying on the main channel. To be honest, I sometime wish British driver wasn't doing well in F1. (Yes, it's THAT bad!) :wink: It was exactly the same when Button was doing well. (now he's almost forgotten here. :lol: )

Well, I've done too much talking (writing!), so let's show some pics! :lol:

agroni

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:05 pm

Good shot gemmf. I like the photo cause you can see the name. COOL!

I think most of the famous sport celebrities come and go. Especially when they start young and finish good at a short period of time.

As in England the same is happening in Poland. They are going mad about Robert Kubica which finished quite good in Monaco (5th). Kubica this, Kubica that. But i just hope they wont forget him very fast if he fails to go higher than he is now. As for the retired drivers i wonder how is Damon Hill or Nigel Mansel doing as they was my favorite drivers long time ago.

Here is a photo a the drivers (sadly not all of them):

You can see Rosberg, Barichello, Kubica, Massa, Heidfeld, Alonso and i think Albers

agroni

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:47 pm

I forgot to mention that there were some other engines also :)

Here is one waiting for the champ of GP2 on saturday:

Next

Board index PBase Show and Tell Formula 1 - Monaco trip