PaD Discussion

Thursday Challenge - 22nd November

discuss photo-a-day projects
reddishtiger

Thursday Challenge - 22nd November

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:43 pm

This weeks Totally Informal Transglobal Challenge

"straight as you can get"

The die is cast, and we will be running the rule over the entries....

As always, post links to your images here on Thursday

good luck!

Lee and Bev

:idea:

ianyork

Re: Thursday Challenge - 22nd November

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:53 pm

Can I nominate Biggins from I'm a celebrity :)

reddishtiger

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:00 pm

I'm not sure how well that will translate! :D

I have a bad feeling about this!!!!!!!!!

beverley_h

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:02 pm

:D
lol...straight outta the camera...on the straight n narrow....as straight as the crow flies... :lol:

but NOT straight out of the archives.... :twisted:

b
xx

djwixx

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:47 pm

Lee and Bev take a great deal of time and effort to come up with challenges that everyone can take part in no matter where you are and whatever your circumstances.

There are some simple unwritten rules which I think should be followed as a courtesy to Lee and Bev and to everyone else who takes part in the true spirit of the challenge.

1) The picture is to be taken using the challenge theme and your interpretation of it; hence any entries should be dated from the time the challenge is posted to the time you choose to post. Posting a picture taken months/years before is not in the spirit of the challenge and simply takes up the time of those who do enter into the spirit and are too polite to tell you you're not playing fair.
2) Only post one reply, and if you have multiple entries then ensure they are all in the one post. The challenge is not to see how many shots you can take. If you have additional shots then link them via your posted photo and if people want to see them they can choose to look from there.
3) Please don't post thumbnails in the forums. The number of entries is getting large and all the thumbnails make it very daunting to think you might have ten pages of shots to go through!!! - I'M HAPPILY OVERRULED ON THIS, SO FEEL FREE TO IGNORE, BUT MY POINT STANDS!
4) Accept that if you’re choosing to post, you are stating that you want feedback and hence consider it reasonable that others may want your feedback. Granted we all have limited time, but sitting back and simply enjoying the responses is not acceptable. No, we don’t expect you to look at everyone’s pictures, although many people do make it a point of doing so.
5) All entries should be posted on Thursday. As Pbase works on GMT, that's acceptable. Occasionally people may choose to post early due to other commitments, but that should not be the norm for everyone.
6) If you are unable to take part in the challenge, no one will hold it against you, so there is no need to look for archive shots. There's always next week.
7) If you choose to take part you will be cognizant of the above rules and choose to ignore those who don't follow them!!!!!

The vast majority of people understand the 'unwritten' rules, which makes it fun for all concerned. Please don't be part of the minority that merely wish to be self serving with the 'look at me attitude'. Remember, this is a community, so we're in it together!

The whole point of the challenge is to stretch your skills, see things a little differently and give and get a little feedback.

Have fun……………………
Last edited by djwixx on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:15 am, edited 7 times in total.

1designguy

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:55 pm

CHEERS! I'm glad someone posted the unwritten rules. Now go do that over in the PaD metagallery :twisted:

djwixx

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:07 pm

1designguy wrote:CHEERS! I'm glad someone posted the unwritten rules. Now go do that over in the PaD metagallery :twisted:

I think I've pushed my luck enough already!

1designguy

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:18 pm

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... :wink:

SIDE NOTE/IMHO: I know they wish for us to only post links in the forum but I always post a small image in the challenge links to give viewers a choice before choosing to look at my effort. As taxing as it can be on a dial up, it saves them from clicking on something that they may not wish to see.

djwixx

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:26 pm

1designguy wrote:Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... :wink:

SIDE NOTE/IMHO: I know they wish for us to only post links in the forum but I always post a small image in the challenge links to give viewers a choice before choosing to look at my effort. As taxing as it can be on a dial up, it saves them from clicking on something that they may not wish to see.

See rule 3 - YOUR BANNED :lol:

Further to my note above, most of us are acceptant to a little rule breaking, and most of those who know they are breaking the rules post an apology in advance. We're all only human.

camera0bug

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:48 pm

djwixx wrote:
1designguy wrote:Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... :wink:

See rule 3 - YOUR BANNED :lol:

Further to my note above, most of us are acceptant to a little rule breaking, and most of those who know they are breaking the rules post an apology in advance. We're all only human.

I always post a thumbnail version in the forums with my entry. I'd be happy if everyone did that and I think it dresses up the thread a bit.

Of course posting large images like they do over in the Show And Tell department, should be avoided at all costs unless someone wants to be banished to the woodshed.

(And we all know what happens in the woodshed...)

Don't be afraid to be different than the pack.

moucheter

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:49 pm

Wow... Thank's Lee and Bev, that's going to be a though one and thank you djwixx for posting the simple unwritten rules. It answered the questions I had.

beverley_h

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:15 pm

:D
wow!! djwixx...thank you so much for putting that out there...i don't think we could have put that over any better than you have done already...cheers mate!!

nice to know someones still up for a real challenge!! :wink:

b
xx

frankief

?

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:33 pm

Can someone say the topic of this week with other words?
My Englishman is very basic, and I don´t know that it is asked exactly...

Thank You!! !

enjayel

For frankief....

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:51 pm

here are 21 alternative definitions to get you going..
and I thought French needed more words!!

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&defl= ... n&ct=title

justanotherconcussion

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:24 pm

camera0bug wrote:Of course posting large images like they do over in the Show And Tell department, should be avoided at all costs unless someone wants to be banished to the woodshed.

(And we all know what happens in the woodshed...)

What happens in the woodshed? I'm curious.... :lol:

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Thursday Challenge - 22nd November