Thursday Challenge - 28th February

discuss photo-a-day projects
reddishtiger

Thursday Challenge - 28th February

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:12 pm

This Weeks Totally Informal Transglobal Challenge

"Natural Colour"

As always, post links your newly taken images here on Thursday

Perhaps we get some gorgeous colours to cheer up Bev!!!

Best of Luck

Lee and Bev

8)

camera0bug

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:14 pm

Hmmm..."natural color".

So that must mean keep our grubby little fingers off the hue & saturation buttons.

Don't be afraid to be different than the pack.

ianyork

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:41 pm

just go o'natural...

romy_uk

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:51 pm

Is this when we find out which blondes... aren't ??!!

Rose

abrazo

Re: Thursday Challenge - 28th February

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:43 pm

I'm beginning to wonder which direction this challenge is going in!......... LOL

adalberto_tiburzi

Re: Thursday Challenge - 28th February

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:59 pm

abrazo wrote:I'm beginning to wonder which direction this challenge is going in!......... LOL

Interesting direction, but I won't participate, sorry.
I'm getting into a monastery... :D
http://jjd.pbase.com/adalberto_tiburzi/image/93462216

Cheers :wink:
Last edited by adalberto_tiburzi on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
8) Adal

camera0bug

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:37 am

Wonder what I'd look like as a blonde...
http://www.pbase.com/image/93436128

:roll:

thayer

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:53 am

I am once again begging this forum to allow the linking of images to be immediately visible. I know that their is concern that dial-up is an issue, but other forums (i.e., The Show and Tell Challenge) post 'medium' sized thumbnails and I've never heard a single complaint. I would be able to see so many more of the wonderful images posted, if only the images where more readily available. Please consider this change... :)
On bended knee... T

jolka

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:11 am

[quote="thayer"]I am once again begging this forum to allow the linking of images to be immediately visible. I know that their is concern that dial-up is an issue, but other forums (i.e., The Show and Tell Challenge) post 'medium' sized thumbnails and I've never heard a single complaint. I would be able to see so many more of the wonderful images posted, if only the images where more readily available. Please consider this change... :)
On bended knee... T[/quote

But how to do this :?

reddishtiger

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:59 pm

We would like to encourage followers of the weekly challenge to visit each members pages, hence the request to simply post links to the challenge images here.

Cheers!

Lee and Bev

chrishadden

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:41 pm

thayer wrote:I am once again begging this forum to allow the linking of images to be immediately visible. I know that their is concern that dial-up is an issue, but other forums (i.e., The Show and Tell Challenge) post 'medium' sized thumbnails and I've never heard a single complaint. I would be able to see so many more of the wonderful images posted, if only the images where more readily available. Please consider this change... :)
On bended knee... T

Believe me 'dial-up' IS an issue!! We are promised Broadband on April 1st (?!) - watch this space...

Chris :(

barry_2718

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:51 pm

chrishadden wrote:
thayer wrote:I am once again begging this forum to allow the linking of images to be immediately visible. I know that their is concern that dial-up is an issue, but other forums (i.e., The Show and Tell Challenge) post 'medium' sized thumbnails and I've never heard a single complaint. I would be able to see so many more of the wonderful images posted, if only the images where more readily available. Please consider this change... :)
On bended knee... T

Believe me 'dial-up' IS an issue!! We are promised Broadband on April 1st (?!) - watch this space...

Chris :(

I don't know if this will help the dial up issue, but if you select "small" on the first image you view via a link, that becomes the default size for all the remaining images.
The time to load is significantly reduced in the forum page with links only.
It should not take any longer with default small images to view all the entries this way compared with medium entries embedded in the forum.
Loading a forum page with 15 medium images takes much longer than a single linked small image per entry if you are on dial up.
:wink: Barry

clickaway

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:36 pm

For those who like to see thumbnails from the Thursday Challengers, a compromise might be to create a 'favorites' list entitled say 'Thursday' and this will show the latest upload from people participating (although the image shown may not be a challenge entry).

I know it is very time consuming going through all the forum pages, but it would be even more time consuming for those on dial up if we showed images too.

ray 8)

johanops

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:19 pm

OK, let's go for a real natural colour.
Today was my lucky day.

greetings, JOhan

http://www.pbase.com/johanops/image/93498360

lilau

lilau on thursday challenge

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:44 pm

Ok i try a come back on Thrusday challenge

not easy..... :-)