Board index Equipment Scanners Plustek 7200i

Scanners

Plustek 7200i

rtomo

Plustek 7200i

Post Fri May 05, 2006 2:43 am

Hi,
I've seen some stunning pictures here scanned w Plustek 7200, but seen very rarely positive comments about this scanner on the net. Consumer dedicated film scanner is dominated by famous brand name (Nikon, Canon, Kminolta etc), but it looks out of my budget. Its brothers, Plustek 7200i come w iSRD infrared dust removal from Silverfast in reasonable price compare w others maker.
I would like to here from you all about this product, especially its iSRD feature.
Thanks,
rtomo

alansnoog

Re: Plustek 7200i

Post Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:13 am

rtomo wrote:Hi,
I've seen some stunning pictures here scanned w Plustek 7200, but seen very rarely positive comments about this scanner on the net. Consumer dedicated film scanner is dominated by famous brand name (Nikon, Canon, Kminolta etc), but it looks out of my budget. Its brothers, Plustek 7200i come w iSRD infrared dust removal from Silverfast in reasonable price compare w others maker.
I would like to here from you all about this product, especially its iSRD feature.
Thanks,
rtomo

Plustek's OpticFilm 7200i is a dedicated film scanner that captures 35mm film strips and mounted slides. Its specifications sound promising enough: it can scan and output images in 48-bit colour, and its optical resolution of 7,200 dots per inch (dpi) is higher than that of many professional film scanners.

It is currently the highest resolution dedicated 35mm scanner available, and one of the cheapest.

------------------------------------
software reviews

janet_kellman

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:40 pm

I use Plustek 7200i at work. We capture 35mm film strips and mount slides.
I have no problems at all.
Good luck :)

accountant

Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:05 am

Hi. I also consider buying the 7200i, may I know this scanner have the auto/ manual focus function? like the minolta, I have a microtek which is always scan the fil out of focus
pls advise

kowen

Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:27 pm

Janet, how is the scanner as far as getting shadow detail? The only thing that concerns me about this scanner is the low 3.2 or 3.3 D-max. Otherwise, I'd have ordered it already.
They are coming out with new scanners next month (February) that I believe just have a 3.4 DMax. I'd think they could do better, since Microtek & Nikon have been able to up the DMax to 4 and up to at least 4.2. Otherwise, I'd get it. I called them about a few questions-asked about batch scanning, since that is not mentioned on the website. The guy said it does.
Janet, do you all use batch scanning on your Plustek? Is there anyway you could post any samples for us to see examples of shadow detail?

Thanks,

Kerry

jcannon

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:54 am

not a computer or scanner expert here but after an email to help i did receive LOTS of help re software stuff-ups. as a novice but requiring high res slide scan i'm dissapointed that unit is not more user friendly (for people like myself , x gen, who need to scan dad's pics). i've just about given up on intelliscan and just hitting the quickscan button. easier (intelliscan like tooooo long, when it works properly or doesn't lock up. hey 5 mins is a bit steep). ok, i'm not super softwareman but having bought this unit from camerahouse (we all know the price) with the talk i'm disapointed. Hardware seems fine if not superior but the rest is enough to steer clear of and advise same to others until sorted. thanks for listening to my litle rave.. been up 14 hours doing 500 slides and only a few into it thanks to .... btw, tried shift/send to email addy (i use netscape.. always worked before) and why can't my email program pick up the scan files?????? don't quite know how i'll sort that one?? too odd. perhaps end up on disc in the mail (which it was going to be anyway cos of size) but did try to send just a couple. ??? and...>>> don't leave it anywhere near kids. looks too much like a football to the little bastards

jcannon

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:07 am

now it's given up altogether. will try one more time before ending this. power off, 3 mins. nup, completely dead, thanks .... been up thru to 11am for what????? ps. plus tek. that is my real name findable in a phonebook. wa..

Board index Equipment Scanners Plustek 7200i