Board index Equipment Scanners Nikon Super Coolscan 8000 Loading issues

Scanners

Nikon Super Coolscan 8000 Loading issues

ggadwa

Nikon Super Coolscan 8000 Loading issues

Post Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:14 am

Just acquired a "Mint Condition" Coolscan 8000ed. Installed software 4.0 and registered Scanner on my Windows XP system just fine. Scan routine with 35 mm or with 6x7...... the tray will only scan the first image....It does not do the entire film strip or the entire tray????

I must be missing some simple setting or???
The single scans it has done are superb.....but I need to solve the full tray scan failure....

Any help out there would be very greatly apprectiated. My next step will have to be calling Nikon and hoping for Tech Support.

Thanks in advance,
Gary
Gadwa Photographics
Stanley, Idaho

larryrossi

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:44 am

I have a different scanner, but the same software. The software has the stupidest user interface I've ever seen ... they make common activities really hard. So it's possible you're not clicking on the right things.

On the "Open Twain Source" dialog, the one that looks like the control panel with soft round buttons, look carefully at the controls in the upper-left. On the right-hand side of that control block, there's a little vertical bar. Click it, and it will expand to show multiple frames.

Select all of them, and then hit scan. You will be in "batch scan" mode, where it prompts you for a naming convention for each file as it is scanned and saved.

Board index Equipment Scanners Nikon Super Coolscan 8000 Loading issues