Board index Equipment Scanners NIKON COOLSCAN V ED - HELP

Scanners

NIKON COOLSCAN V ED - HELP

tywanda46

NIKON COOLSCAN V ED - HELP

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:10 am

I would be grateful for some advise please. I have a NIKON COOLSCAN V ED. I have not used it for about 6 months, but when trying to scan some slides last week a box came up saying "unable to detect device". I have contacted NIKON support and they have sent me a new software disc. I completely uninstalled the software and then reinstalled the new disc (includes the update 4.2 version) However I am still getting the same problem. When I look in devices there is no sign of the scanner. I have also tried installing the software with the scanner connected onto a friends computer but the same thing happens.
NIKON have told me that there is a problem with the scanner. Before sending it off to be looked at I just wanted to check if anyone else had had a similar problem and that it just might not be the scanner (the warrenty has run out so it is going to be quite expensive to repair!)
Many thanks

mesullivan

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:34 pm

YOu say you tried to install with it connected to the computer? The instructions say to install the software before attaching the scanner to the computer.

pfgbel

Coolscan no longer identified...

Post Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:17 am

You've got the scanner I'm trying to buy months and months now !
Just some recommandations before you return the machine (which is normally connected with usb2 channel (without HUB !)
1/Uninstall properly the software (scanner being not connected) by going to the configuration screen >Start>Configuration Screen, and choose SYSTEM, and the hardware components, detect there if you've got a yellow question mark in front of the line usb connected to...
If the question mark is visible, click right and press delete.
3/Operate a registry scan and repair to erase all obsolete keys, including the one which was created when you installed your Coolscan the first time.
4/Reboot your machine and reinstall the software and updates of it WITHOUT THE SOOLSCAN being wired connected.
5/Reboort again the machine and after everything is loadind and ready to work, connect the cables of the Coolscan AND ONLY AFTER switch the Coolscan ON.
The system should detect the presence of a new hardware element in your machine and associate to it the above newly installed driver !
Hope this will help !
Pol

nicolasdechamps

solution!

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:57 pm

hey
I know it's a late answer but I had the same problem
with a coolscan IV and i fixed it.
I erased the prog Nikon Scan 3...
and downloaded Nikon Scan 4.0.
in the bundle you have
Nikon Scan 4.0/FR/Utilities : 'RegSweeper.exe'.
I launched this prog and
installed Nikon Scan 4.0.
now eveything is fine, no need to send to repair the scanner.
bye
nicolas

Board index Equipment Scanners NIKON COOLSCAN V ED - HELP