Board index Equipment Scanners scanography

Scanners

scanography

forager7

scanography

Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:15 am

Hi all,

Over the past several months, I've been creating lots of images with my cheapo Canon flatbed scanner. I'm getting some great images that look a bit different than most of the other scanography I see. What do you think? The majority are in my "flora" gallery.
http://www.pbase.com/forager7/flora

1 example - "Cerise Moment"

Marty

rongorongo

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:40 am

Marty- there are over 100 photo-artists dedicated to scanography- email me Rongorongo at aol .com and I'll send you the list. Toss that crappy Canon and buy an Epson if you want to seriously explore this medium. "A cheap Epson is better than a more expensive any other brand". The color fidelity and DOF are superior.

Critique: take more time to "arrange" the subject- the folded leaves are distracting to look at- don't just "plunk" the things down on the platen and expect to get "art". Prop them up to create a look of dimensionality. In Photoshop adjust the values so that the black is really black and the objects "pop". And experiment using different background effects. Once you visit the web galleries in the list you'll see the diversity. Good luck and when your obsession starts getting out of control we have a support group!

http://www.hometown.aol.com/blackrosegallery/brg.html

machinist

scanography

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:36 am

Ive tried doing scanography and its just not working for me. Ive been told holindg the scanner upside down is key, which ive done but the images come out very dark and blurry. I dont kno if the problem is my scanner or something else because i've heard ppl using any scanner and getting good results. i am currently using a "canoscan LiDE70" by canon.

nickysam

Re: scanography

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:36 am

One of the most interesting things about scanography is that it is a new way to see the things around us. It's not photography but it reproduces the reality with extraordinary precision.It is a new way to represente the world around us.
-----------------
Nickysam

Alcohol Rehab

shawnkraus

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:48 am

Some of the images I have seen produced by scanography are incredible. I would try it but I worry about scratching the bed of my scanner. Is there something that can be placed down that doesn't effect the image?

perianthal

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:30 pm

No one has posted to this topic is several years, but thought I'd chime in with link to my updated pages.

Perhaps there are others on PBase doing Scanner Photography?

http://www.pbase.com/perianthal/galleries

pentax67

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:06 am

Stumbled upon this - this I gotta try.

Board index Equipment Scanners scanography