Board index Equipment Scanners DIMAGE SCAN DUAL IV - ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX IT???

Scanners

DIMAGE SCAN DUAL IV - ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX IT???

tastyorange

DIMAGE SCAN DUAL IV - ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX IT???

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:18 pm

I purchased a "New In Box" Diamge Scan Dual IV on eBay from someone who had 100% positive rating on ebay.

It won't power on, but it makes a clicking noise when I plug it in.
When I put the slide tray in sometimes it will push it out.

The guy did not send me the instructions and now is ignoring me.

Before I take action, does anyone know what's wrong???

halesr

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:57 pm

I searched on Google and there were lots of reviews and report of problems on Amazon.

Here is some info that MIGHT help.
---------------
The only downside I must mention is that when the unit arrived, the power supply was defective. Because I have a background in electronics, I was able to quickly deduce the power supply was at fault and not the unit. Because I was very busy, I set the unit aside and didn't file a complaint with the manufacturer - and it sounds like were I to do so, I would have had trouble anyhow, considering their buyout by Sony. When I got around to desiring to use the unit, I found another 24VDC power supply in the garage and rewired it to work with the unit. It has worked fine ever since.

-----------------
Well where to start. The software is pretty bad (-1) and to make matters worse, the documentation though thorough doesn't cover all the problems you will encounter (-2) and/or every little thing you need to worry about to properly install/use the product..! The scan quality is excellent though and you will enjoy it IF YOU GET IT TO WORK (What a pain in the neck!).
If its not working for you, try the following (I use XP):
1) reboot!
2) login
3) close any other scanners you have, make sure scanner is NOT plugged into a USB HUB! Even if its a USB 1.1 port, use it! The software and scanner will only hang on a USB 2.0 HUB.
4) MAKE SURE SCANNER DOOR IS CLOSED!, power on scanner
5) bring up the software you want to use, I use the launcher
6) you are probably using slides, slide the door open partially so the slide tray can just fit into it, you will feel the door settle into the position, about 3/4 inch, a light should be glowing inside since the unit is powered on.
7) insert slide tray slowly, the machine will grab it all of sudden...
8) select batch scan utility.
9) scanner takes over and processes your slides.
10) scanner spits slide tray out all the way when done...
that's it.

GOOD LUCK
---------------------------
There was one problem with the scanner. On my first attempt to power it up, it wouldn't come on at all. I called Konica Minolta customer service who asked that I send them the cords. They promptly sent replacement cords and it worked like a charm.

---------------------------

You can download a manual at this link
http://www.amazon.com/Konica-Minolta-DiMAGE-Scan-Scanner/dp/B0001BG1SI

scroll to product details and there is a download button.

HTH--Rene

economism

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:47 pm

In general, the machine has a finicky start-up routine that is well-explained in the reviews on Amazon.

When all is well, the scanner will grab a slide holder and auto-insert it. However, the machine will make a loud clicking sound when the it is trying to eject a slide holder. It will make a racket and resist vigorously if you try to force the holder in while it tries to eject it.

Any deviation from the finicky start-up routine posted above can make it behave as if it is trying to eject a slide holder. And if the slide holder is already inserted at atart up, it is likely to try to rachet it back out.

The clicking may be related to another quirk.

The door, which has to be lowered to insert the slide holder, MUST BE RAISED BACK UP as far as possible (to the bottom of the slide holder). If I don't do that, mine will resist the insertion of the slide holder and make a loud clicking sound.

Board index Equipment Scanners DIMAGE SCAN DUAL IV - ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX IT???